• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Ol' Double P.

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
Hey gents, before I go digging deep into recruiting websites, does a double pass prevent/hinder an inter-service transfer? Not saying it's going to happen, but what are my options for continuing my military service, if god forbid, it is the case?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Is a double pass the USMC way of saying twice passed over for promotion (assume O4)?

It's been ages but if I recall you're done on the ACDU side but the reserves and guard are wide open.

CAMike

None
Contributor
I truly hope things work out for you. 13 years of Active Duty AND being Prior should account for more in these wacky/progressive times.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hey gents, before I go digging deep into recruiting websites, does a double pass prevent/hinder an inter-service transfer? Not saying it's going to happen, but what are my options for continuing my military service, if god forbid, it is the case?

There is a waiver for everything in the Guard.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
But, does the guard have an active component, like Active Reserve (AR) in the Reserves?
Yes. It's called AGR. The billets tend to vary by type of community, but there are a lot of opportunities to earn a full 20 year AD retirement in the ANG.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It's been ages but if I recall you're done on the ACDU side but the reserves and guard are wide open.

Additionally, FTS is a decent route to go if you want to continue and possibly make it to 20 year "active" retirement. I know a few guys who were FOS'd on the active side (for O-4) and went on to have successful careers in FTS and promote.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
A few years ago they were continuing Capts who FOSx2 or whatever the corps called it. Might be easier than finding a guard unit right now?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Additionally, FTS is a decent route to go if you want to continue and possibly make it to 20 year "active" retirement. I know a few guys who were FOS'd on the active side (for O-4) and went on to have successful careers in FTS and promote.
A buddy I 2xFOSd with on the boat is now an XO at a VR. I don't know if he is FTS or SELRES but he started the journey by showing up at their door and offering to fly as much as they'd let him*. I'm also not savvy on FTS board timing and what that board timing looks like. But in my post ACDU life I've had several offers to come back and fly in the reserves.

* joking referred to as SELTAR, ie blends the line between FTS (used to be called TAR back in the day) and SELRES

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
A few years ago they were continuing Capts who FOSx2 or whatever the corps called it. Might be easier than finding a guard unit right now?

This is true. Lots of part timer airline guys sucking up 180 and 365 day IMA orders. None want an AGR tour though- 3-5 years is a lot for a guy who thinks the airlines will recover before then.