• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The news agencies have degraded this much...

phrogpilot73

Apparently, executing a missed approach if you don't have the runway environment in sight is a newsworthy event if the President is on board...

I mean, SERIOUSLY? This is starting to get ridiculous...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ridiculous. In other news, the sun rose today, and is expected to set by night time.

KBayDog

Ridiculous. In other news, the sun rose today, and is expected to set by night time.

Sweet - I get to rag on Otto again!

The sun didn't rise in San Diego today. Cloudy, rainy, windy, and COLD. It feels like a fall day in the northeast.

Today's weather in SD is news. A missed approach by AF-1 is not. (If anything, it is a testament to the professionalism of the crew, as they didn't try to force a landing...regardless of who was on board.)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, to be fair... something unusual happening to the President's plane while the President is on board is news. 90% of the people on this board have been around airplanes enough to know it isn't that unusual at all, but still.

The really irritating 'news' habit is when they take something like this story and procede to worry and gnaw on it for days, with much speculation by pretty idiots, half-informed nitwits and people with agendas and axes to grind.

jmcquate

Contributor
Remember everybody that the back of that plane is filthy with WH Press Corp weenies. They tend to be jumpy.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only person thinking it wasn't the weather but the folks working in the tower "fell asleep" in protest to how they've been treated lately???

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Am I the only person thinking it wasn't the weather but the folks working in the tower "fell asleep" in protest to how they've been treated lately???
Yes.

Of course, if this was the '80s and it was Reagan's plane, I might agree with you.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Sweet - I get to rag on Otto again!

The sun didn't rise in San Diego today. Cloudy, rainy, windy, and COLD. It feels like a fall day in the northeast.

Today's weather in SD is news. A missed approach by AF-1 is not. (If anything, it is a testament to the professionalism of the crew, as they didn't try to force a landing...regardless of who was on board.)

Just because you can't see the sun, doesn't mean it's not there . . . :)