• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The New Air Force Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Here is the new Air Force song. It has the same melody as the old one if want to sing it.
sing_125.gif
icon_smile.gif

Off we go, off on a one-hour test flight
Over the land and over the sea.
For this feat we'll get a ten-day furlough,
A raise in rank, and a DFC!
Off we go, out on a 'wild blue blunder';
Off with one helluva roar.
We're out to kill...ourselves, and will...
Oh, nothing can help the Air Force
(except the Navy)
Nothing can help the Air Force
(except the Navy)
Nothing can help the Air Force!

I found this in a book I have on the Naval Aviation in WWII. The song was created by some enterprising Naval Aviators to stoke the interservice rivalry.

The Jolly Roger
pirate_125.gif

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
hehe...my father would belt me one if he caught me singing that around him...lol

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Mike26

Funny
info note: If it was was written during world war II then it was not about the Air Force it was about the ArmyAirForce, the Air Force wasn't a service until 1947.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
In WWII, in stead of "US Air Force", they sang "Army Air Corps". The song works well either way...
-A

Ummm...yeah

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Originally posted by Dunedan
In WWII, in stead of "US Air Force", they sang "Army Air Corps". The song works well either way...
-A

Ummm...yeah

It was written as Army Air Corps. I merely failed to note that I changed Army Air Corps to Air Force in keeping with today's nomenclature.

The Jolly Roger
pirate_125.gif

Cate

Pretty much invincible
It does sing better as "Army Air Corps" - the rhythm fits better.

But then, I'm kind of a music geek.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I don't mind it, as long as I can do bends and thrusts while singing it at the top of my lungs. Oh yeah, in my summer whites too, with clothespins clipped to the rims of my glasses. A moment I'll never forget. Woe to my grandkids, who will hear this story many times (from the so-called "friends" I worked with...)

Status
Not open for further replies.