• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Navy needs you, maybe

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Ok, so some of you know my plight from the last year or so.. but this is just to put anyone's mind at ease regarding whatever club foot, or hand coming out of the stomach that God gave you, and is sweating it.

I have a couple waivers, but this is regarding the shattering of my arm last year while in Meridian. I've had 6 surgeries, and made it medup 10 days before the man would have put a boot in my ass out the door. I've lived to ride another day.

As long as you are a decent person, for the most part anything is possible. So yes while its unfortunate that you have that chronic halitosis problem, its not going to keep you on the ground. Do what the docs tell you to, and once you make it out of the modern medical miracle of fixing yourself... remember someone else is going to need your help one day so don't be a d!ck.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The caveat with your story is that you were already in the training pipeline when you had your accident. Folks with questionable med issues who haven't even been selected for SNA/SNFO will probably have slightly less "pull" than you did. Agree with your sentiment of "do what they say" though

MasterBates

As a fellow member of the 6 million dollar man club, congrats on making things work.

Like it has been said, the further along you are, the better chance you have of being OK'd to fly with some serious medical issues.

As someone who was long term med down, TAKE ALL THE WARMUPS THEY GIVE YOU.

If you haven't been sneaking in the sim to fly it, you should start.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Yea.. they just started me over from day one like my previous stuff didn't ever happen... so while ground school was a little painful, it was good to get the refresher course.

I'm in RI's now been back up since March 10th.. started over on Feb 17th.

And yes, I waltzed into the sim on a couple of occasions, when my arm wasnt recovering from surgery every 2 months it seems.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Oh and thanks to all on the support. Now that I'm back in the game it's a little better on the mind. Watching your roomate go fly when you are a perma SDO sucked ass!

Probably true that where I was when it all happened had something to do with it, as the Commodore had to go to GOD to get my waiver, but ... where there's a will... ect ect.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
My commodore and CO more or less jammed my waiver up NOMIs ass with the Admiral's help.

NOMI can be beat.. But they are sore losers.

I'm sure their soreness has nothing to do with the things jammed up their asses...........