• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Most Insane Flyovers..

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Why does is seem like the US has the most restrictions for military aviation?

Take "aviation" out of that question and you might start to have an answer.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I actually have met that guy a number of times. I sit near his classmates at Navy Football games, and he usually swings by to say hello to them. He told me that it was one of his last flights before he retired, and when he switched back up to approach he said "so who am I supposed to call?" He also said that surprisingly, no one seemed to care. Nothing happened to him.
Wow. I had heard a rumor that a pilot at some point in time was FNAEBed and shown the door for a, shall we say, overzealous flyover at Navy/MC Stadium. Didn't know if that was footage of the aforementioned event, but in today's climate I'm surprised he got away with it.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Why does is seem like the US has the most restrictions for military aviation?

We probably have just about the best safety numbers for aircraft incidents/ aircraft lost per flight hour. I think its worth it.

Raptor2216

Ze Germans at work

I can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet:

The following may or may not be ze Germans:

This one's pretty sweet:
More awesomeness:
Is this us?:
Some helo action:

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
A common theme i'm noticing with these videos of low-flying military aircraft:

They are all French.

Are foreign military pilots the only ones who can get away with doing this stuff? Or are they the only ones who tape it? Seems like American aviators have waaay more restrictions placed on them WRT low level flying. Is this because of mishaps in the past and the whole "this is why you can't have nice things" reaction?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Maybe it's because "we" have wars to fight, and thus a purpose, whereas the neutral Swiss and the French, have nothing better to do than the Lugano Air Show...

badger16

None
This is the Pilot from the Fairchild AFB B-52 crash...Crash isn't why I posted it. Watch the video from about :20-:35seconds. Thirty F@CKIN FEET!!!!

phrogpilot73

A common theme i'm noticing with these videos of low-flying military aircraft:

They are all French.

Are foreign military pilots the only ones who can get away with doing this stuff? Or are they the only ones who tape it? Seems like American aviators have waaay more restrictions placed on them WRT low level flying. Is this because of mishaps in the past and the whole "this is why you can't have nice things" reaction?

Maybe it's because "we" have wars to fight, and thus a purpose, whereas the neutral Swiss and the French, have nothing better to do than the Lugano Air Show...
I asked my roommate last deployment (a Hornet guy). The answer is one word: Tactics.

European military's are still training to extreme low-level in order to mitigate a sophisticated IAD of the old Warsaw Pact nations. We've moved on and developed new TTPs, so there's no reason for us to continue to train to that level.