• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the more things change.......

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will look sporty in these....

Attachments

• oldschool.jpg
    oldschool.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 554

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I agree they look good, but why? I thought AFU was supposed to be reducing the number of uniforms.

schwarti

Contributor
Just when I thought I had a handle on the uniform change situation... which uniforms are those khakis supposed to be replacing?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was kind of being tounge 'n cheek about looking sporty. @ least the garrison cover is part of the uniform. I am not a fan of the combo cover.

I don't know what the requirement was to bring this uniform back. I bet the fleet won't see it until 5 years from now. JMHO.

It is not replacing a uniform, but adding to it.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I was kind of being tounge 'n cheek about looking sporty. @ least the garrison cover is part of the uniform. I am not a fan of the combo cover.

I don't know what the requirement was to bring this uniform back. I bet the fleet won't see it until 5 years from now. JMHO.

It is not replacing a uniform, but adding to it.

I think they do look good, much better than some of the AF uniforms that are being planned. I just don't get where this is coming from.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I think they do look good, much better than some of the AF uniforms that are being planned. I just don't get where this is coming from.

I know some of the three & four star Admirals have been a fan of this uniform, specifically Adm Mullen.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I have and always will like that uniform, it reminds me of the Navy I grew up watching in old World War 2 and Vietnam movies. The garrison cap looks good but I like it better with the combo cover, that's just the way I'm used to seeing it. I hope I get a chance to wear it someday, I guess I just outed myself as a big dork. :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I have and always will like that uniform, it reminds me of the Navy I grew up watching in old World War 2 and Vietnam movies. The garrison cap looks good but I like it better with the combo cover, that's just the way I'm used to seeing it. I hope I get a chance to wear it someday, I guess I just outed myself as a big dork. :D

Then I'm a huge dork as well... I'm a huge fan of the dress khakis and the aviation greens...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I know some of the three & four star Admirals have been a fan of this uniform, specifically Adm Mullen.

That's cool and all, I understand creating a PT uniform, but this?

Ok, yeah the PT uniform might look a little dumb, but if someone thinks we should have one, particularly in light of our new "culture of fitness," ok, that makes sense. We should look like a military unit if we are going to do more Command pt evolutions. Don't get me wrong, I can take it or leave it, but at least the reasoning makes sense.

But the new khakis? We actually got rid of this uniform. It serves no operational purpose i.e. new DCU's/BDU's/flight deck uniforms for durability, safety, etc. AND it only adds to the number already large number of uniforms we have. This would even makes sense if it was combining and then reducing the total, but as far as we have know it is not.

I would just like to know what the reasoning behind this is. I hope it's not because the current Navy leadership are WWII buffs.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
The proposed Dress Khakis look sharp. Not on either of those clowns, but if tailored and worn properly, they have definite potential. Reminds me of the old salts who break them out for the Memorial Day parade, very nostalgic.

As for the E-dress whites....holy shit, is the intent to deliberately embarrass these guys? That uniform looks better suited for a gay pride march. Tradition or not, I think if the Navy polled its E-6 and below, they would indicate they want something other than what is pictured as their new dress uniform.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
As for the E-dress whites....holy shit, is the intent to deliberately embarrass these guys? That uniform looks better suited for a gay pride march. Tradition or not, I think if the Navy polled its E-6 and below, they would indicate they want something other than what is pictured as their new dress uniform.

Umm, what's different/new about these?

KSUFLY

pilot
Then I'm a huge dork as well... I'm a huge fan of the dress khakis and the aviation greens...

Ditto...ditto...ditto. The service dress khakis and the greens are sharp as hell when they're actually tailored. I am surprised that there isn't a long sleeve uniform for watch for the winter time. Okay...I guess you could wear the Johnny Cash...but...
I worked in Kansas at the recruiting station (prior to receiving my flightsuits) and I had to wear the service khakis. I froze my ass off. It was about 20 degrees and I'm running around in a short sleeve shirt.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
........ I hope it's not because the current Navy leadership are WWII buffs.
Yeah ... those WW2 buffs. Not much point in taking lessons from them .... like back in ancient history we knew how to "win" a war .... stinking draftees, anyway .... For me: if that's what it takes,"WW2 buff" away ... :)

BUT ..... yes!!! Sanity and/or uniform traditions returning to the Navy ??? You guys DO like your brown shoes and leather flight jackets, yes ???? ;)

Service dress khaki and Aviation Working Greens, both with garrison caps (piss cutters, if you please
:)) ... there's no better uniforms w/blouse for Aviators when on the beach. Please disregard Army types in first photo .....

bigboysac2.jpg
mccluskycw9.jpg

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The proposed Dress Khakis look sharp. Not on either of those clowns, but.....

Realize those "clowns" are most probably active duty officers. The NEXCOM doesn't go far to find models for these things. That being said, I'm not offended as I am neither the good LT or CDR photographed. :)