• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My last cat was in a COD. Jammed in next to the departing mess-deck vendors, complete with souk body odor, for 3+ hours from the NAS to Bahrain. Guy next to me didn't speak English but wouldn't stop trying to talk to me the whole trip. Still not sure what he wanted, but I think he was trying to buy my iPod.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Can't argue with that, it was an aircraft from an earlier era, BUT...'til the 'Gargantuan Greyhound' came along, it's all we had, and however slooow...it got the job done.:cool:

As the "Codfather" (my collateral duty) on USS MIDWAY, as Ship'sCo when underway, I got off the ship 2-3 days a week, and got to fly into/RON in some pretty exotic spots in the far east including HK, TSN, NKP, Taipai, Manila ..et al.. In the days before internet/e-mail...mail was the prime communication between the crew & loved ones at home. Carrying parts & personnel on/off the ship was of great logistic importance... however, when "COD coming aboard" was announced over the 1MC, it got everyone's attention...MAIL!:)
View attachment 11188
BzB
BzB, she's a Hot Rod now, Turbo Props and a pointy nose :cool:
IMG_3994.jpg

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, nice new 6-bladed turboprops, but isn't calling that a 'Pointy Nose' ... a bit of a stretch?;)
BzB

Compared to the ol' Trader I'd say that's one helluva pointy nose. Hell, compared to the C-2 I'd say that's one helluva pointy nose.

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
Buddy of mine has bee working on procurement of a replacement but the problem is the old planes still do their job well. Osprey was one option but I can't see it as the answer. A new updated version as a FrankenCOD is more likely. Kmac since your back in flying maybe you have the latest rumor. But of fours they have been looking to replace them since the 90's when my last flight was:)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Buddy of mine has bee working on procurement of a replacement but the problem is the old planes still do their job well. Osprey was one option but I can't see it as the answer. A new updated version as a FrankenCOD is more likely. Kmac since your back in flying maybe you have the latest rumor. But of fours they have been looking to replace them since the 90's when my last flight was:)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
How about a TurboFan C2D ;)
Image854.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Just beacuse you put your engines in your airplane upsidedown, doesn't mean that you can call the COD a brick.... :p

-ea6bflyr ;)

I always think it looks like the COD is squatting to take a dump every time I see one taxiing. Don't get me wrong, I'd hop ship to the COD lifestyle in a heartbeat if I could, but pretty it isn't...