• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Mameluke

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
To all those going (or might be going) to TBS any time soon, I highly recommend you check out The Mameluke USMC Uniform Store by the Wal-Mart on Garrisonville Rd (610). They are good people there and they continually outshine their competition (The Marine Shop, USMC Exchange) in customer service, fittings, hours, and prices. There are many Lts in my TBS company who can attest to the staff at the Mameluke's personable and caring attitude. They are more than willing to work with Lts if they don't have enough money at the time. You can just add it to your balance and they'll hit you up around the end of TBS.

By the way, I don't benefit in any way by mentioning their business, I'm just a true believer that they are the best show in town.

Also, if this is a repost...DON'T TELL ME ABOUT IT, let it fly.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any store that keeps people from shopping at The Marine Shop is fine by me.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I have to diagree about the price thing. I asked one of the guys working there why were particular uniform items more expensive than the PX? His answer was that they could not buy in bulk like the PX. So in other words, they know their prices are higher.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless it's that crook in Q-town that runs Bolognese...

All I remember from that store is that we'd occasionally wander in there to see what kind of trinkets they had and scope out the ever-present jailbait working there. Can't say I've had any unpleasant purchasing experiences... or that I've bought anything from them.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder if they make mess dress? So there are now three vendors competing at TBS; guess that means that Lt beer funds will be going up thanks to a little free market enterprise.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Wonder if they make mess dress? So there are now three vendors competing at TBS; guess that means that Lt beer funds will be going up thanks to a little free market enterprise.

They have mess dress on display in their store.

I just picked up my service uniforms from the Mameluke, and I had no problems with their service, prices, or the quality and fit of my uniforms.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Its GREAT to hear that there are more options ... it was much needed IMO. No complaints about quality coming from the Marine Shop, just seemed a little fishy to me that no one else was out there except the PX as competition.