• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Long Wait

pjxc415

pilot
Marine Officer Instructor. Equivalent of an OSO just in a NROTC unit and in charge of all the Marine option midshipmen

Watchman1982

What you're allowed to do during wait

I will most likely be graduating college in november of 2006, when would I be expecting to go to TBS?

Are the orders for TBS issued before orders for IFS (from what y'all been saying it looks like they are)?

During the wait b/w graduating college and reporting to TBS or IFS, where are you allowed to go? is any international travel allowed?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Watchman1982 said:
I will most likely be graduating college in november of 2006, when would I be expecting to go to TBS?

Are the orders for TBS issued before orders for IFS (from what y'all been saying it looks like they are)?

During the wait b/w graduating college and reporting to TBS or IFS, where are you allowed to go? is any international travel allowed?

Expect about 6 months between college and TBS, situationally dependant of course. They will either get you orders to do IFS before TBS or immediately after TBS. If they give you orders for before then you will obviously get those orders first (expect no more than 1 month notice and as low as 1 week).

Once you get commissioned then you will need to talk to your OSO / MOI about the international travel (not sure on the limits) but anything inside the US is fair game as long as let them know how to contact you and are back at you home of record before moving to Quantico.