• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the last manned fighter

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
So is this movie going to be set in the future during the 2-year period between the F-35 being the predominant fighter in the USN and being replaced by Skynet?

I bet DOD is making its support conditional on showcasing its pet project.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Well, ladies, get out yer volley balls, spray on the tan and set up the tiki torches, Maverick is back in town.

DaNgEr ZoNe

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh please, please, let it be filmed at Pax River. This place doesn't have enough egos and entourages.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
Oh please, please, let it be filmed at Pax River. This place doesn't have enough egos and entourages.

hey uncle. do you know tom cavanaugh and scot stewart down there?
i worked with both of them on the f14-d.

christmas,'92 at pax with cavanaugh and santa flaps. tomcat #7
5832339871_4dd76393af_z.jpg

tomcat #7 aboard the uss intrepid today
:(
1458819019_35afbb79cc.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
From the article: Instead, Tom Cruise is set to return in the starring role as a test pilot for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter — a plane that could well be the last manned fighter aircraft made in the West.

Am I the only one who thought Maverick at the controls of a Reaper or a BAMS-D would have made for a better movie???

pilotman.jpg

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
So are we going to watch Tom Cruise propose new tailhook designs for 2 hours?

On another note, whoever wrote that doesn't know much about modern fighter aviation, in the Navy or elsewhere.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the article: Instead, Tom Cruise is set to return in the starring role as a test pilot for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter — a plane that could well be the last manned fighter aircraft made in the West.

Am I the only one who thought Maverick at the controls of a Reaper or a BAMS-D would have made for a better movie???

pilotman.jpg
Is that Otto in his pre-helo days?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Wow, that guy takes his flight sims seriously! :eek:

As for the movie, I'm not expecting it to be spectacular, but like Battleship, I'll probably end going to see it on the big screen.

This guy takes chair flying to a whole new level !!!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
On that note, I read an article about a group of computer nerds that are trying to develop gesture recognition software for UAV's. In other words, they theoretically could be able to follow a PC's hand signals for taxi instructions...

I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
On that note, I read an article about a group of computer nerds that are trying to develop gesture recognition software for UAV's. In other words, they theoretically could be able to follow a PC's hand signals for taxi instructions...

I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

I could see this going bad... a PC picks his nose and a UAV helo departs from present position...

navyao

pilotman.jpg
Okay I'll admit I enjoy my F/A-18E sim and I've sunk quite a bit of $ into it but this guys crazy! That whole get up, the helmet alone is probably worth more than my entire PC! I do have the same HOTAS set up though...ok I'm a geek too. But I don't wear my bag and I don't own any of the other stuff!