• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Hemorrhoids Survivors Group

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm guessing they'll need to be fixed to stay on flight status. (the hernia that is)

I'd think they will put you on med hold and see if the problems can be resolved.

whalepelt

I had to get a hernia fixed before I could even get into ROTC, so I'm pretty sure you'll need some surgery to get that taken care of.

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
The flight doc discovered I had a hernia when I started primary, and I couldn't fly until I got it fixed. I was on convalescent leave for 2 weeks, and off for an additional 2 weeks because my name fell off the white board in scheds, so I no longer existed and I had to prove to the scheds bubbas that I actually was a SNFO in the squadron. I had my second hernia 8 years later while on the boat in a none flying status. The ship's surgeon fixed me up, and I should be good to go for another 8 years or longer hopefully.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
60B as well. From the feel of the T-45 seat, it has the 'roid feel to it, but the 1.3 bags help a lot.

I haven't personally seen it, but there is talk of IPs using ass-donuts and other various pads for the multiple hops they do daily. Is this true and what about in the fleet? (i'm sure tactical wouldn't allow it, but other airframes?)

'roids are common. Shit, I suffered them after a transatlantic commercial flight of not getting off my ass except to piss.

MasterBates

I had Oregon Aero ass-pads in the -34, 57 and 60. Worth the coin.

Ejection seat aircraft, there is a seat-slap (dynamic overshoot) concern with pads. I'm gonna get slapped anyways, so I could really care less, but every inch counts in the -45, so I have not even asked if I can use a pad.

Have not seen anyone carry one out to the jet though.

Like I said though, the 1.3-1.6 bags help. About the longest you will be in the seat is 2 hours.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Bah, we all know you guys just turn on autopilot, get a cup of coffee, and take a nap anyway :)

ACTUALLY ... I do a max-performance, not-in-the-book departure :eek: (747-style, that is), have my S/O get me a cup of coffee, and tell the F/O watch the auto-pilot .... while I take a nap ... :)