• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Pirates off the Somali Coast thread

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shit, everything's our fault. I thought that was common knowledge?

Every fucking criminal in the world has an excuse or rationalization for what they do.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
hmm something poorly researched from out of left field on the huffingtonpost? whodathunkit.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
ARRR!!!! Shiver me timbers!

They ought to arm up some WarPigs for this mission, it'd be a good platform. Rockeye anyone?

Note - Carpet bombing with cluster bombs is highly accurate.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
As an interesting note, the son of that admiral is a -60F pilot. Maybe he will let the helos play.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Much as I'd enjoy bringing back old-school anti-Pirate rules (sink their ships and hang the survivors), I'd bet money this won't be it. It's going to be an ROE nightmare for the good guys and plenty of pirates are going to get away while everyone's arguing about the rules.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Come to think of it, it's too bad we scrapped the Pegasus PHMs. 40+ knots on the foils, Harpoons and a 76 gun? Make Blackbeard shit his pants and retire to his pirate den.

phm3.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pirate payoff

web_090109-N-5512H-071.jpg

090109-N-5512H-071 SOMALIA (Jan. 9, 2009) A small aircraft is observed by the U.S. Navy as it flies over the MV Sirius Star during an apparent payment via a parachuted container to pirates holding the Sirius Star. The U.S. 5th Fleet conducts maritime security operations to promote stability and regional economic prosperity. (U.S. Navy photo by Air Crewman 2nd Class David B. Hudson/Released)

web_090109-N-5512H-081.jpg

090109-N-5512H-081 SOMALIA (Jan. 9, 2009) A parachute dropped by a small aircraft is observed by the U.S. Navy as it drops over the MV Sirius Star during an apparent payment via a parachuted container to pirates holding the Sirius Star. The U.S. 5th Fleet conducts maritime security operations to promote stability and regional economic prosperity. (U.S. Navy photo by Air Crewman 2nd Class David B. Hudson/Released)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
A parachute dropped by a small aircraft is observed by the U.S. Navy as it drops over the MV Sirius Star during an apparent payment via a parachuted container to pirates holding the Sirius Star.
1. Write check out to "Joe/Ahmed the Pirate" for $100 gazillion dollars.
2. Deliver it to "Joe the Pirate" via parachute.
3a. Wait for "Joe the Pirates" to leave hijacked ship and drop Rockeye on them.
3b. Have "Joe the Pirates" arrested when they try to cash check for $100 gazillion dollars at Somali bank.
3c. Put a stop payment on the check.
4. If you just dropped a shit-ton of cash to them, I would say choice 3a is the only choice....should we "bring to justice" merchants that deal out justice at their own expense on the high seas?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Come to think of it, it's too bad we scrapped the Pegasus PHMs. 40+ knots on the foils, Harpoons and a 76 gun? Make Blackbeard shit his pants and retire to his pirate den.

phm3.jpg

Yeah I had an Ethics Prof whose 2nd JO Tour was onboard one of these! He said it was probably one of the most fun tours ever in large part due to the boat's capabilities.