• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Cross-Country Thread: Rules, Regs, Destinations and Sea Stories

slug

Just finished a UH-60M pickup from West Palm to Jacksonville this past week. It does't get much newer smelling than 10.4 hrs on the aircraft and primer paint still on it. I never got an aircraft delivery flight when I flew in the Navy, but I have picked up 6 brand new aircraft in the past 6 months flying for the Army National Guard.
  • Lakehurst,NJ to Ft. Riley, KS
  • West Palm Beach, FL to Jacksonville, FL
  • Lakehurst, NJ to Jacksonville, FL
  • West Palm Beach, FL to Jacksonville, FL
How do you like the Romeo?

Do you have any terrain/weather radar on those new 60s? How do you like the FLIR?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
We have storm scope, which picks up strikes or cells (convective action), but no wx radar. Great for thunderstorms, but not much use for picking up non-convective precip.

The FLIR is great. I just don't understand why they didn't spring for a system that doesn't require us to hang on to a big box that stows atthe back of the center console. The video is integrated into any of our 4 MFDs, but slewing and controlling it is done through this monsterous hand controller. We have slew controllers on the center console and each collective for everything else shown on the MFDs, but not the FLIR.