• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Not a video but this is what she looks like pulling 1 G.

Kate-Upton-St_-Joseph-MI-630x945.jpg

Looks like she's cold...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Video of COD pass in low vis...to the wave-off. Been there done that, I mean the low vis, NEPIM \IC to the wave-off :)

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Oh how mom loves the weather. It's probably clear and a million 5 miles east of there. Paddles making their money out there in this one.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Video of COD pass in low vis...to the wave-off. Been there done that, I mean the low vis, NEPIM \IC to the wave-off :)

That's a hell of a lot of wind. I don't think I have even been up there during a recovery with that much wind over the deck, even for the late COD when the boat is racing to catch up to PIM.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
High wind like that in a big wing, I did land once in 50 knots as a Tomcat ahead of me had an emergency, can get you into trouble real quick!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When I see something like that, something that's produced exceptionally well, you have to wonder how the same people can't manage to get the right recce for a particular aircraft.

That was pretty well done, even with the extra lights in the various hulks. Whether it was my visit to DM when I delivered an airframe or it's looking on Google Maps, that place always makes me sad. Like one of the guys in the video said, they all have stories to tell.

If only we could hear them.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There are several H-34s still there, in varying states of decay. I think the second oldest aircraft on the property is a H-34, but I may be remembering that wrong. The oldest is a blimp.

I have a picture of both somewhere here on my laptop (and on the site, I believe).

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Here's one of the preserved T-2C Buckeye's at Davis Monthan AFB. I flew it four times on 6 Feb, 4 March, 10 April, 16 May and 28 June...all in 1996. Kind of ugly but one of the most fun planes to fly, no limits to what it could do with those big, fat straight wings.