• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

jmcquate

Contributor
One of those truly amazing jets that was way ahead of it's time but obsolete by the time it saw service.

Low the Av phys comments at the end. Pretty sure I never suffered any psychotic affects from low-level flying. :confused:

The nose gear retract on the Hustler was quite an engineering feat.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Maybe it's just my jaded perspective now, but I can only imagine the number of noise complaints a cross-country low level would generate today!!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Maybe it's just my jaded perspective now, but I can only imagine the number of noise complaints a cross-country low level would generate today!!

Remember, you'll never have to deal with noise complaints if you never answer phone calls coming from off-base numbers and/or non-DSN :)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Remember, you'll never have to deal with noise complaints if you never answer phone calls coming from off-base numbers and/or non-DSN :)

Don't forget email... Our noise complaint hotline is via email now. Plus we individuals who are habitual complainers who bitch to the newspaper, city hall and CNIC. Had to give an interview to a local paper after they got noise complaints sent to the editor.

To this day is amazes me that people buy a home next to an airport, in one case directly across the river from a runway, and are shocked that aircraft are flying over their homes!!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Don't forget email... Our noise complaint hotline is via email now. Plus we individuals who are habitual complainers who bitch to the newspaper, city hall and CNIC. Had to give an interview to a local paper after they got noise complaints sent to the editor.

To this day is amazes me that people buy a home next to an airport, in one case directly across the river from a runway, and are shocked that aircraft are flying over their homes!!

That was probably me with my patented 250 knot, 2 degree max performance warpig climb out maneuver.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Neat, clear vid ... cute young lady, looks like she really enjoyed it, especially the landing. Future SNA/NFO perhaps?

Was that a sailplane

No I saw it described on another forum as an Aeronca Champ. The cockpit is so simple it almost looks like a Schweitzer 2-33 sailplane trainer.

Here is a 2-33 being truck towed. Cockpit view starts about 3:00.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Solutions for keeping the Angels current during sequestration. Entirely worth all 23 minutes, but the really good stuff happens around 16:00