• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
MacArthur_IL-443.jpg

I'm so using this photo when we discuss the Battle of Leyte Gulf for the upcoming JMO semester!!!

navyao

AIM-54 Phoenix impacting a QF-4 drone over China Lake, circa 1983.

320231_10150864251685174_71553655173_21234427_1663151995_n.jpg
Fox 3! That's an awesome pic sir - wow! The almighty "buffalo." Gotta admit, I dreaded loading them but the pair that I loaded and our crews eventually fired was very cool. Thanks for posting.

navyao

I did it on my first flight as an LT, which was also my crew's last flight before POM leave. Although the only other O I've seen empty it was our outgoing skipper on his last flight. They did the whole taxi through the fire hoses bit and everyone doused him with water as he walked off the plane, and he just kept walking, honeypot in hand.

My guess is things are different in active duty P-3 squadrons in comparison to the Reserve world. I flew with a lot of mix of TAR & SELRES guys. The TAR guys, both E's and O's seemed more "team oriented" than my SELRES counterparts, many of which never spent a day on active duty (other than basic, school and AT). Coming from an active duty carrier and hook sq. I enjoyed working with the TAR's a lot more than the SELRES dudes. There were a few pilots that would check in with their controllers and ID us as a United flight instead of our normal Navy MODEX, pretty comical actually. Getting back to the whole honey pot thing, if there's one thing that I as enlisted guy respected it was when the O's in the sq. would come out and load weps, turn wrenches or in this case - dump the honey pot.

MasterBates

FiFi, the CAFs B-29 flying over Austin today.

Crappy pic, but I was driving down 183 and used my phone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319336843275.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319336843275.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 72

MasterBates

For those who are friends with me on Facebook, there is hi rez uploaded. Feel free to post it here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.