• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirt

pilot
Helldiver.JPGThe Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum just opened up the restoration hangar a few weeks ago. Snapped a photo of the Helldiver with my cellphone before it died. They've also got a PBY they are working on. If you are in the DC area, the resortation hangar is worth a look.

Pags

N/A
pilot
View attachment 13076The Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum just opened up the restoration hangar a few weeks ago. Snapped a photo of the Helldiver with my cellphone before it died. They've also got a PBY they are working on. If you are in the DC area, the resortation hangar is worth a look.

The amphibian in te restoration hangar is actually the Sikorsky JRS-1, the only aircraft that the NASM has that was at Pearl on the morning of the attack.
http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/artifact.cfm?id=A19610112000

The restoration hangar also has the pieces of the Horten Ho 229 and the Nakajima Kikka.

The Udvar Hazy Center is fantastic and I'd highly recommend that anyone in the area make the trip. I took my brother-in-law there last weekend and was also there around Xmas. My 1.5yr old loves the place because it's never crowded and she can run around like a maniac.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Went flying Saturday with 3 T-34A's. Here are some pics, enjoy!
-ea6bflyr ;)

t34flt85.jpg

t34flt74.jpg

t34flt47.jpg

t34flt59.jpg

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Yep, San Diego. These three fly out of Gillespie Field (KSEE).

-ea6bflyr ;)

Very cool. That makes sense, because I remember watching that USAF T-34 make a quick stop one afternoon at an airport I was doing Civil Air Patrol stuff on. I wish I could remember the name of the airport, it was really nice. I do know that it was around the Los Angeles area.

Status
Not open for further replies.