• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

srqwho

pilot
What happened to this one? Is he dumping fuel?

Yeah... I could be wrong on this, but dump and burn is when you dump fuel in afterburner. The F-111 was famous for this. I believe that is an Aardvark in the pic.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F-14 could only dump, WOWs. So even with the dump switch on, no dumpy on ground.

The aircraft was new. A friend was in JAX for night FCLPs. He took off in AB with the dump switch accidentally on. With WoW, he torched off an amazing fireball!

The tower guys loved the night airshow of the Navy's then newest fighter. Little did they know my friend almost ejected, thinking he was big-time on fire.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
182089_10150402025580174_71553655173_17424345_1728962_n.jpg

Intruder about to unleash some Snakeyes in El Centro.

This pic needs a solid bump.....gotta be one of the best in 200+ pages and counting

Out of curiousity, what is the blister on the vertical stab for? RWR? ALQ?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This pic needs a solid bump.....gotta be one of the best in 200+ pages and counting
I agree!

But I also really like this one too...

intoharmswaybig1.jpg

F-4B heading into North Vietnam. Photo by an Air Intelligence Officer who snuck onto a green ink mission ... that no one knows anything about.. ;)

Flying Toaster

None
From the NYUSN blog, a S-3 around Guam-

Not sure why it would be flying around Guam, but my powers of observation would suggest it is the VX-30 Centennial bird, primarily because of the blue paint on the wipers which weren't masked off...

BH701%20arrival%20031.jpg

Also a neat flyby of a tanker-

While I'm at it my new wallpaper, cool shot of the China Lake Hornet. I linked the high-res version.

http://alert5.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CONA__VX_31_MMM_7922_rsz.jpg

CONA__VX_31_MMM_7922_rsz.JPG

Flying Toaster

None
^^^^Your 'powers of observation' are wrong.

That possibility is why I sarcastically referred to my 'powers of observation' rather than stating it as any sort of fact. Care to elaborate? (edit: nvm, Using said 'powers' and viewing your prof my assumption is you've been seeing the VX-30 bird daily, hence why you know it wasn't in Guam) Is that blue just the standard windshield surround (always seemed grey to me) or is it some sort of CAG bird?

Although uploaded recently the video isn't necessarily new, so perhaps something like this?

AN2S0000_160604_S3B_AMARC.jpg

21712403_cafed359a4.jpg

or

vs-31-sample3.jpg

J2l38AsUrz44onuB51BAu0ma2JPaB9ql.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.