• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Toaster

None
BlueShemeWWII-1.jpg

BlueShemeWWII-2.jpg

and-

8013.jpg

8014.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Hi-Res pics of Shortbus (T-6B) on the flight line at Whiting

View attachment 12729

View attachment 12730

There have been lots of names attached to this bird. My kid calls it Woodstock after Charlie Brown's little friend but I've also heard Yellow Peril, Chiquita, Tweety Bird etc.

I like Shortbus because I was told the maintainers came up with that....if the shoe fits.....

srqwho

pilot
All these pics of planes with new paint jobs...

In primary and now in advanced I always get a little excited when what I'm flying looks nice and clean... I even think for a sec "this must be a newer one"... and then I get inside and realize that I thought wrong.

Back on topic - The centennial paint looks nice on that hornet.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
In primary and now in advanced I always get a little excited when what I'm flying looks nice and clean... I even think for a sec "this must be a newer one"... and then I get inside and realize that I thought wrong.

I should get some pics of cleaned-up, freshly-painted Mentors to illustrate that for our T-6 flying friends in Whiting.

With a side-by-side of the inside...too bad you can't smell the cockpit from the picture. Then they'd get the authentic experience!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I should get some pics of cleaned-up, freshly-painted Mentors to illustrate that for our T-6 flying friends in Whiting.

With a side-by-side of the inside...too bad you can't smell the cockpit from the picture. Then they'd get the authentic experience!

Yep they look pretty but they are still just lipstick on a pig. I had to sit for 20 minutes at the midfield while one of the painted up ones made a PEL into Whiting a couple weeks ago.

Edit: You're at Corpus so your airplanes are worse that ours. This was one of the Whiting birds that are painted up.

srqwho

pilot

Yeah, that smell is awful for sure. Just sitting the cockpit would make me a nauseous. The 45 is niccceeee though... O2 mask and the the exhaust exits behind you, not in your face.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, that smell is awful for sure. Just sitting the cockpit would make me a nauseous. The 45 is niccceeee though... O2 mask and the the exhaust exits behind you, not in your face.

Do you exfoliate before bed or use Oil of Olay to keep your skin young and lithe? Come on, man. That's the smell of history. It's like complaining about sitting behind a T-28. There are literally two generations of people who have trained and flown in the T-34C. Embrace the history. Besides, there's few planes in the Navy that you can enjoy flying w/ no tactics or complicated systems and still have fun just flying.

HueyHornet75

pilot
Concur with Gatordev...
I feel fortunate to have flown the mighty air harley during my first tour before she rode off into the sunset and got replaced.

srqwho

pilot
Do you exfoliate before bed or use Oil of Olay to keep your skin young and lithe? Come on, man. That's the smell of history. It's like complaining about sitting behind a T-28. There are literally two generations of people who have trained and flown in the T-34C. Embrace the history. Besides, there's few planes in the Navy that you can enjoy flying w/ no tactics or complicated systems and still have fun just flying.

My favorite hiking boots (years old) smell worse than I can adequately describe, but they are awesome and I am in no hurry to replace them. I never said I didn't enjoy flying the 34... it is a pleasure to fly and I am SO glad I flew the mentor and not the texan. But, did I nestle down into the seat and think to myself that the aroma was pleasant?... No. Was I proud of the fact that I was flying a plane that some of the greatest men in naval aviation have flown?... Hell yes.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Add the piss of 11 people sloshing around the floor and you're ready for some deep p-3 funk.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Want to see some great aviation art?

This summer, May through August, the American Society of Aviation Artists will put on display in the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, the best of their entries for a judged competition.

If you click this link (takes some time to load with so many great paintings), you can see a preview of some great and varied aviation art that are so far entered to be on display. Worth a view.

One example:
ta4d.jpg

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
China Lake F-18.jpg

F/A-18C, BuNo 165210 assigned to VX-31 at NAS China Lake. Aircraft represents test schemes used by aircraft at China Lake in the 1960s

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A perfect day and a perfect airplane to "slip the surly bonds of earth" ... and ... "reach out and touch the face of God ... "

Been there, done that ... any Aviator who 'loves it' has at some time or other ...

Thanks for a good start on the day, Cat-Man. :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My favorite hiking boots (years old) smell worse than I can adequately describe, but they are awesome and I am in no hurry to replace them. I never said I didn't enjoy flying the 34... it is a pleasure to fly and I am SO glad I flew the mentor and not the texan. But, did I nestle down into the seat and think to myself that the aroma was pleasant?... No. Was I proud of the fact that I was flying a plane that some of the greatest men in naval aviation have flown?... Hell yes.

You get "it." I stand behind the message of my post, but it wasn't meant to be negative towards you specifically.

Add the piss of 11 people sloshing around the floor and you're ready for some deep p-3 funk.

Don't worry, in the T-34, the pee isn't on the floor, it's on the seat your sitting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.