• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

markkyle66

Pretty cool shot of a Intruder pilot tanking of a KC-130

Tanking-Over-Thailand.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone recognize this photo?

AW regular makes it onto front cover of Proceedings

4.jpg

and you saw it here first!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I will enter flight school in 2011 and I truly believe that I will be one of the last of those who are able to make piloting aircraft a 20 year career. UAV's are the way of the future, along with robots that seek/destroy IED's and holographic sex toys :icon_tong

Maybe I can get a gig landing UPS freighters on the moon...

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Here are some old pics from an air show about 10 years ago. I just scanned them on to the computer tonight. Sorry the quality is lacking it was an old camera that was used to take them and a small lens.

AWACS.jpg

F15touchdown.jpg

F117.jpg

F15Eagle-1.jpg

F16Falcon.jpg

Falcontaxi.jpg

OH58Kiowa.jpg

Prowler555.jpg

UH60L.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Old school, tightly knit and great fighter squadron R/R photo........ after many months at sea and many combat missions, shortly before the most important event of every day/night – the much anticipated and extremely important, nightly "roll-'em".

IIRC, the object of this revelry was the poor and lowly movie officer behind the camera probably making a fool of himself. (Otherwise a great guy and pilot, and who sent me this to-date, unseen photo, recently.) But the Maintenance Officer in the photo doesn't look too happy, does he? (Another great guy and superb officer whom I still maintain contact with, 37 yrs later.)

[If the upheld flying dubious digits pictured are too un-PC for this forum, delete as necessary. Or better yet, I can Photoshop it so the XO and others are holding a bouquet of pretty little multi-colored posies instead of the f'n bird! Ya think? :D]
Good times........... No, Great times!!!!! And great guys and great memories!!!!! :):):)
We did have an awful lot of fun while still doing an important, difficult, and serious job.... and we all did it extremely well, together!

rr2a.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Old school, tightly knit and great fighter squadron R/R photo........
I gotta' tell you, Bruddah ... in my experience -- I've NEVER seen such a 'clean' RR .... one that appears totally devoid of lagged overhead pipes, plumbing & vents, wires, pictures, chalkboards, TV WX screens, SDO desk, refrigerator, ACE-DUECE desk, popcorn machine .... there's not even a friggin' HATCH, for cryin' out loud.

This would not be a Fighter-puke rubber room, would it??? :eek:

I do, however, recognize the ... shall we say -- '1 minute to go for the move' symbol -- being flashed by several of the Brothers in attendance ... :)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Mumbles said:

Manned or unmanned, depending on mission? Sounds eerily like Stealth to me, and THAT worked out real well.

Also, looks like it's going to have some serious yaw stability issues. . .

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I gotta' tell you, Bruddah ... in my experience -- I've NEVER seen such a 'clean' RR .... one that appears totally devoid of lagged overhead pipes, plumbing & vents, wires, pictures, chalkboards, TV WX screens, SDO desk, refrigerator, ACE-DUECE desk, popcorn machine .... there's not even a friggin' HATCH, for cryin' out loud.

This would not be a Fighter-puke rubber room, would it??? :eek:

I do, however, recognize the ... shall we say -- '1 minute to go for the move' symbol -- being flashed by several of the Brothers in attendance ... :)
Hey, we were special, weren't we? Prima donnas? Why shouldn't we have a "clean" and enviable RR? :D ;)

Actually, our RR on the prior cruise was a hell hole. It even had pipes sticking out of the deck for full pressure suits. :eek: El Hefé said, clean it up and make our RR look better than brand X! So we did. Lots of work. We didn't sluff too much onto the E's. We JOs mostly did it ourselves.

The back, paneled bulkhead hides the Scheduling Officer's Ouigi board, the squadron 'reefer', Acey-Duecy board, popcorn, the yeoman flight log keeper, some flight gear and maybe some missing, 'morted' and almost forgotten crews, etc.

The front had all the standard (of the day) stuff too. Teletype, CVIC TV, Plat, Grease Board, Black Board, Maps (charts?), podium (dais?), old spit-balls still stuck on the wall, etc. :)

This pic below may help. It is a contemporary mission brief with the CO at the time briefing, and my RO standing on the left. I am one of the sitting. (Guess which.... ah no, on second thought don't.) Our SDO and desk would be just to the left of my standing RO, and is out of view.

Sheesh! There is always some pedantic nitpicker here. But I would and should expect no less from you, Bruddah! :) Gracias.

rrbriefing1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.