• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
web_090701-N-4995K-052.jpg

....Newly promoted officers get soaked during a "Wetting Down" portion of a promotion ceremony on the fantail of the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan....
What a bunch of CHEAP FUCKIN' SCREWs ... unle$$ .... they plan on "makin' it right' on the next port call .... !!!!!

Footeflyer

Some pics I snapped from July 4th Binghamton show.

Pics from the July 4th show in Binghamton, NY.

Attachments

• IMG_4569.jpg
    IMG_4569.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4636.jpg
    IMG_4636.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4816.jpg
    IMG_4816.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4825.jpg
    IMG_4825.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4941.jpg
    IMG_4941.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5117.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5341.jpg
    IMG_5341.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5360.jpg
    IMG_5360.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5426.jpg
    IMG_5426.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5437.jpg
    IMG_5437.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 23

Footeflyer

Haha. I do actually have some photos of it, but loading photos takes longer then I thought it would and the number of people swarming the phrog all day prevented any great shots (not to mention it wouldn't fit in my field of view). Maybe I will load some when I have had a chance to go through them all.

Were you the phrog pilot?

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
More Sheriff's Stuff

Most fun you can have with your pants on.

Attachments

• Hoist.jpg
    Hoist.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 58
  • BZ.jpg
    BZ.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 56
  • ramp.jpg
    ramp.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 66

phrogpilot73

Haha. I do actually have some photos of it, but loading photos takes longer then I thought it would and the number of people swarming the phrog all day prevented any great shots (not to mention it wouldn't fit in my field of view). Maybe I will load some when I have had a chance to go through them all.

Were you the phrog pilot?
That statement redeemed yourself.

I was one of the Phrog pilots, the other guy has done a number of Binghamton air shows. The flight surgeon that was with the squadron when they deployed to Iraq is from Binghamton, and his family takes care of the Geese when we come into town (his Dad met us at the airport when we landed on Thursday with Pizza, Beer and Salty Snacks figuring that we would probably be hungry, and then had us over his house for a BBQ of Spiedies (sp) on Saturday). I think I'll be coming back next year.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WOW! That's an impressive aircraft. I've always wanted to get my sea plane rating.

There's a joint down in Winter Haven that does seaplane ratings. Takes a couple of days, they've got some float-equipped Cubs and a Widgeon on-site. A guy I knew from school went down there (grad present from his folks), said it was a lot of fun.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
There's a joint down in Winter Haven that does seaplane ratings. Takes a couple of days, they've got some float-equipped Cubs and a Widgeon on-site. A guy I knew from school went down there (grad present from his folks), said it was a lot of fun.

I am friends with one of the owners of that place. Some time this summer I am going to go down and get a rating.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

There's a couple places in Seattle that do it, too (Kenmore Air even lets you use their DHC-2 Beavers), but it's kind of useless unless you own one since no place will let you rent a plane. Still, one of these days I'll give it a shot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There's a couple places in Seattle that do it, too (Kenmore Air even lets you use their DHC-2 Beavers), but it's kind of useless unless you own one since no place will let you rent a plane. Still, one of these days I'll give it a shot.
That's why I haven't done it, either in Florida or the PNW ... unless you're gonna' buy one -- how will you stay current ??? I'd LOVE to be Single or Multi Engine Sea rated .... but .....

AND ... without any hours or currency ... how are you gonna' insure your new purchase, in any case ... ??? It used to be very, very tough -- almost impossible -- or has something changed ???

Summation: you are typed, but you can't rent one because of no time/lack of currency. Or ... you can buy one ... you just can't get insurance while you're building time/currency.

The ultimate Catch-22

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...it's kind of useless unless you own one since no place will let you rent a plane. Still, one of these days I'll give it a shot.

My buddy did it just because he'd always wanted to learn to fly a seaplane and figured he may as well get an extra ticket out of it. Made it part of his Firstie year spring break. Other than Chalks or private-enterprise bush piloting, I can't see how you'd ever be able to use it professionally or personally, but it'd definitely be interesting.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I think it'd still be worth it just to do it, at least an introductory flight to try it. There's one place in Seattle on Lake Union that would rent to you only if you learned from them, but even that was limited. Once I make my millions I'll start looking into it more seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.