• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
sgt.pepperband said:
kuz9.jpg

Never noticed the horizontal stab folded on that Flanker

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Rotors stuck in the "flight" position. Looks like a palm tree. Not sure if it's a universal term, but I heard it on my nugget cruise and it stuck with me.

Funny those things you hear that stick with you. My 90/91 cruise on TR we had a boss who would remark every time the Prowler was arming and all the crew stuck their hands up "stagecoach robbery" :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
On the A-6/EA-6B it was not unusual that a slight mis-rigging or an extra g or two and you would come out of the wires and only one wing would fold. Then several deck crew would then have to grab the wingtip and have to vigorously shake it up and down to get the wing fold lugs to retract. You then recycle the handle and get them to both come up. Assume it still happens.

It was not a term of endearment for the ironworks products.
I remember this from more than 1 occasion from my time on the deck!

WALI_1980

VMFA-134: These guys were flying out of Kadena for a while in 2007. Got this snap while I was deployed to PACOM.
LoveTheMarineHornetsNewRepaint-Digi.jpg

JASDF F-2's below and a shot of a Phantom were taken in Misawa Japan during my visit to CTF-72. The Phantom shot is cropped and I can't seem to find the original picture but I still like the closeup.

DSC01536.jpg

Phantom.jpg

nugget61

pilot
My dad found his old time capsule and opened it today and found some interesting things. If anyone can ID the ribbons I'd appreciate it, they should be circa WWII and I think Army. I know he had a purple heart and silver star, which might be two of them. (Bottom left one was from a Nazi that he operated on)

L10003821024x768.jpg

For the Docs, an authentic mash scalpel:

L10003841024x768.jpg

And the really interesting ones; my other grandfather was stationed to invade Japan in WWII and brought one of these home (front/back):

surrender011024x768-1.jpg

surrender021024x768-1.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Army Love...

mortar_hires_090215a6796m095b.jpg

U.S. Army Pvt. Jeffery Hansen crouches after launching a 60mm mortar round from the mortar range on Forward Operating Base Lane in Zabul Province, Afghanistan, Feb. 15, 2009. Hansen is assigned to Company B, 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment.
U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Adam Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.