• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That and Doc Martens.

In 2002, the French "carrier" was alongside us in the JCS (CVN-74) off Afghanistan.

When we cross decked an E-2C, they moved their Rafales to the hangar so we couldn't see them, image them or "spy" on them. They were pretty anal then.

Seem to have loosened up some if they're detting out of NTU.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd like to be the first to say that those Frenchmen look ridiculous.

AH, he heard you and is sending something in your general direction....

Frenchpants.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maintainers .... '60/'70's style .... only we didn't call 'em "maintainers" ... we called 'em "the troops". :)

Left to right .... the Dude, His Dudeness, the Duder, and last but not least, El Duderino .... :icon_rast

dsc02014gp3.jpg

photo by A4sForever
Brett327 said:
^^ We still call 'em the "Troops," maintainers being a subset thereof. ;)

Brett
All well & good ... but > 30 years ago or so in a FLEET ATKRON :) ... there were only 3 "subsets/subspecies" extant of the species "Troops" :

1. Maintenance "Troops" ... just what you'd suspect ... no imagination necessary ....

2. YN/PN "white collar Troops"; those of the clean, pressed dungarees, close-cropped haircuts, shined shoes (what ARE steel-toe boondocker's, anyway :confused:) ... i.e., those of the clean hands w/ no callouses or blisters persuasion ...

3. 'ORDIES .... usually not referred to as "Troops" ... as they were their own subset and they defied any other classification or category ... :D

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Am I the only one that finds it odd that an aircraft as "slick" looking as the Rafael has a fixed refueling probe?

I think it's sorta stylish. Like on the A-4 and A-6.

Maybe it's fixed because there wasn't enough room/money/not worth the effort to make it retractable. :confused:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Click and Clack call the French Auto industry "Worst use of Marshall plan dollars ever"

Reminds me of a Top Gear running joke, especially back when the French were rioting. All the cars at the bottom of their viewer generated rankings were French cars. Why were they at the bottom? "Probably because they're all on fire."

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In 2002, the French "carrier" was alongside us in the JCS (CVN-74) off Afghanistan.

When we cross decked an E-2C, they moved their Rafales to the hangar so we couldn't see them, image them or "spy" on them. They were pretty anal then.

That's the difference having Sarko "l'Americain" in charge now. 'Tis indeed interesting that we're bringing the Rafales aboard for no-shit combined ops.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That and Doc Martens.

Some interesting vids of their Rafales and CDG ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.