• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
KC10F4SYuma.jpg

Ah, the 80s. Beautiful GUCCI color scheme. Brand new tanker with the new jet smell.... I was born 20 years too late!

Never had the pleasure of refueling probe/drogue F-4s, but ze German vuns were cool enough

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
boom...this is for you buddy!!

Attachments

• langley 018_800x600.jpg
    langley 018_800x600.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 105

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Since some of you are into "family" pix of late, here's some of my boys and girls in Calamba City, P.I. @ 1973: :D

dsc01893smallko9.jpg

Photo by A4sForever

Sounds like somebody didn't listen during the Docs portion of the liberty brief.:D:D:D

Could be worse........you could of had a "foot problem".:eek::D

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went on a great flight today. VFR up the Hudson @ 500' is pretty cool. The controller asked if I wanted to take a few turns around Lady Liberty before proceeding. Happy 4th of July!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lady Liberty.JPG
    Lady Liberty.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,028

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I went on a great flight today. VFR up the Hudson @ 500' is pretty cool. The controller asked if I wanted to take a few turns around Lady Liberty before proceeding. Happy 4th of July!

attachment.php
Sweet picture of Lady Liberty HooverPilot, a Happy Fourth to the AW Community.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Very nice picture Hoover ...happy 4th to you all too! Err, just don't pull a Cory Lidle ;) That airspace is crazy from what I hear.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 4 July 2008

F14Bard.jpg

VF-301 F-14A returning to NAS Miramar from the Yuma ACMR Range circa 1985, near the Bard VORTAC. The Colorado River and Imperial Dam are visible at the top of the picture.
Crew: Gary Stutzman/Willy Driscoll

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 5 July 2008

F14CV61.jpg

VF-301 F-14A in low holding over USS Ranger (CV-61), SoCal OpArea, January 1986

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
F14Bard.jpg

VF-301 F-14A returning to NAS Miramar from the Yuma ACMR Range circa 1985, near the Bard VORTAC. The Colorado River and Imperial Dam are visible at the top of the picture.
Crew: Gary Stutzman/Willy Driscoll

Was "Willy Driscoll" not "Duke Cunningham's" RIO during his infamous 5th MIG kill over N Vietnam?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was "Willy Driscoll" not "Duke Cunningham's" RIO during his infamous 5th MIG kill over N Vietnam?

"Duke" and "Willie" were crewed together in VF-96 and flew three missions in which they downed MiGs. The third one involved their 3rd, 4th and 5th kills and them ejecting over the water after losing hydraulic pressure due to damage from an SA-2.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor

Don't know about "infamous," but Willie Driscoll was the RIO for all five of the Cunningham MiG kills. He was later a Topgun instructor and then in VF-2 before getting out of the Regular Navy. He was in VF-301 for a while and remained in the Reserves after he stopped flying. Topgun (now a part of NSAWC at Fallon) used him as a guest lecturer for many years, where he would speak to the classes on preparation for combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.