• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Rafiel.jpg

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
A10refuel.jpg

A U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II ground-attack aircraft is refueled over southern Afghanistan Aug. 18, 2011. The most prominent feature of the A-10 is the 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling-gun cannon. This weapon is capable of firing 3,900 rounds a minute and can defeat an array of ground targets, including tanks. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Jeffrey Allen)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That is an awesome pic right there. I'm surprised how damaged the nose is, though.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
That is an awesome pic right there. I'm surprised how damaged the nose is, though.

Yeah.. I can't remember where I read it, maybe it was here.... Anyways, a boom operator said he had hit the gun of the A-10 before. We've had boom operators gouge holes in the fuselage of the 'Merc lookin for a plug.

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
AWACS-1.jpg

Air Controller
An E-3 Sentry flies over the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, Calif., Aug. 16, 2011, during Green Flag-West 11-9. The E-3 is assigned to the 965th Airborne Air Control Squadron at Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Brett Clashman)

MasterBates

Yeah.. I can't remember where I read it, maybe it was here.... Anyways, a boom operator said he had hit the gun of the A-10 before. We've had boom operators gouge holes in the fuselage of the 'Merc lookin for a plug.

This is why it's better to be the plugger than the plugee.

Status
Not open for further replies.