• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Toaster

None
I've never been a huge fan of music set to flying videos but this one is pretty incredible. Somewhat of a repost since some related clips from this movie (Top Gun knock off, just worse) have been posted before, but none as well done and all had bad links. Make sure to click the direct link and watch in HD.

Stupid question, any specific reason there is not a video thread stickied? Is this thread supposed count? It would seem like of all things to have stickied a video thread would be up there.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
1) Did all those 53s flying in the same place throw the earth of axis?

2) My dad sent me this a few days ago. It's a few T-34Cs from VT-27 back from the mid-80s.

boomer.jpg

The coolest thing about that photo is ignoring the film grain, it looks exactly like a picture that would be taken today.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I've never been a huge fan of music set to flying videos but this one is pretty incredible. Somewhat of a repost since some related clips from this movie (Top Gun knock off, just worse) have been posted before, but none as well done and all had bad links. Make sure to click the direct link and watch in HD.

Stupid question, any specific reason there is not a video thread stickied? Is this thread supposed count? It would seem like of all things to have stickied a video thread would be up there.

Disregard the super gay music:

Flying Toaster

None
Disregard the super gay music:

Yeah, I've seen both of those. I'm still trying to find the stock footage of the Frenchies that everyone makes the compilations of. The one called "Fly" which has been posted here before is pretty well done.

They have the Charlet "Ice Hornet" film in its entirety over on Patrick's Aviation (site is down now). His new one "Alps Flying" with Hawker's looks pretty sweet, there is pretty insane low stuff.

Preview-

[video=dailymotion;xdamya]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdamya_alps-flying-new-movie-sortie-june-2_shortfilms[/video]

[video=dailymotion;xdm8gq]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm8gq_xbass_shortfilms[/video]

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Looks a lot better than the 2 tone paint job on the T-6s at Whiting. Navy and Marines should be bigger on the sides though. I wonder why they are so small....

Yea I agree. They must be re-using the Air Force font or something :).........Is there a T-6B with Marines painted on the side yet? All the pics I've seen have been Navy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yea I agree. They must be re-using the Air Force font or something :).........Is there a T-6B with Marines painted on the side yet? All the pics I've seen have been Navy.

I want to say there is one with Marines painted on the side (I could have sworn it was parked out as a preflight bird) but I'm not sure. The lettering is so small you have to be right up on it!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Sunset.jpg

12/08/2010
SUNSET MISSION
As the sun begins to set, two UH-60 Black Hawks and a CH-47 Chinook prepare to land on Forward Operating Base Connolly to pick up U.S. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates during his visit to Afghanistan, Dec. 7, 2010. U.S. Army photo by Mark Burrell

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Hornetapproach.jpg

12/14/2010
HORNET APPROACH
An F/A-18E Super Hornet approaches the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise for an arrested landing in the Atlantic Ocean, Dec. 9, 2010. The Enterprise Carrier Strike Group and embarked Carrier Air Wing 1 are participating in a joint exercise to prepare for an upcoming deployment. U.S. Navy photo by Damon J. Moritz

Status
Not open for further replies.