• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
My grandad was the tailgunner/radioman in an SBD off the jeep carrier Independence on this raid. He must not have been a very good gunner, because he spent a few hours in Rabaul Harbor after getting shot down by a Zeke. The guy with the goggles in the middle is "Jumpin Joe" Clifton BTW.

Attachments

• rabaul raid.jpg
    rabaul raid.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 67

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So what exactly is -41 celebrating w/ that paintjob? PBY's?

Per CNAF's Facebook page, Night Air Group 90, USS Enterprise, 1944-45. Not sure how that lineage works, but looks cooler than gray...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Per CNAF's Facebook page, Night Air Group 90, USS Enterprise, 1944-45. Not sure how that lineage works, but looks cooler than gray...

I like their style. "Let's adopt a lineage that's more interesting than our own."

Pags

N/A
pilot
I like their style. "Let's adopt a lineage that's more interesting than our own."

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous. I think HSL/HSM should have used some historical observation/float plane colors, since that's more their lineage, but I guess I'm just a stickler for accuracy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
For the ole A-7 drivers...
Fallon, circa 1980.
The A-7Es look like the Golden Worms ... but say, what ARE those magnificent machines in the far end of the 'other' line ... ??? We did a couple of dets for/against CVW-11 (and others) @ Fallon during those days ... hmmmmmm ... ???? :)

dallasadversary.png

Image by A4sForever

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Heard (an S-3) from pt mugu (guessing the only one) working the NAOPA the other day. Kind of cool, but I never saw it
Kind of 'cool'???

You are a very, very sick young man. :D

When Trophy Girl Friend ® and I were staying in the 'Bridal Suite' at the Hotel-Del (thanks, Uncle Don), I nearly broke a rib while laughing at the 'WOOOO ... WOOOO .... WOOOOO' of 'Hoover' engines as they went past our lanai on approach to NORIS.

I had told her I was a Navy Jet-Jock ... the sight of these 'Navy jets' was quite a shock for her (she'd seen too many Blue Angel thing-ys) ... she would have probably left me had I not hidden the credit card. :)

s3flyover.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Kind of 'cool'???

You are a very, very sick young man. :D

When Trophy Girl Friend ® and I were staying in the 'Bridal Suite' at the Hotel-Del (thanks, Uncle Don), I nearly broke a rib while laughing at the 'WOOOO ... WOOOO .... WOOOOO' of 'Hoover' engines as they went past our lanai on approach to NORIS.

I had told her I was a Navy Jet-Jock ... the sight of these 'Navy jets' was quite a shock for her (she'd seen too many Blue Angel thing-ys) ... she would have probably left me had I not hidden the credit card. :)

s3flyover.jpg

Hahaha nice. I remember going to SD as a kid and stopping by NAS NI as well as NAS Miramar; my mom always commented that she though the Hoov was the "cutest" jet. Think she said something similar about the Goshawk as well. Luckily she has made no such comments about the Hornet thus far :) First time I took the wifey to see the Hornet, she said it scared her....that is good enough for me

Pugs

Back from the range
None

I was at NASNI sleeping in the Q and waiting for SERE school and the Hoovers started rolling and I seriously thought "who in the fuck is vacuuming at this hour?"

Wasn't until I got up to go for a run I realized how close I was to the end of the runway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.