• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery, Troisième partie: la vengeance!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I want to believe! Is this real? I want a backstory on this project and why they did it.

Late 70's a number of RFP's were issued for industry COD and Tanker concepts. None got beyond paper and wood mockups that I am aware of.

Sanstitre-32copie_zpsea84753f.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I want to believe! Is this real? I want a backstory on this project and why they did it.
Those were glorious days. It was called the MMVX program or “Super Cod.” The F28 wasn’t the only type envisioned. There was the C9 (Mad Dog) style...
F3AB3638-F4E6-46BC-9CD2-D7FD4B8D2ECE.jpeg
The 737 COD:
ACBF118C-50D8-47A7-BF04-F4E4672C4CBA.jpeg
And the 727 COD:
12DD0422-018C-411C-A7C1-24D96419185A.jpeg
Too bad they didn’t consider the 747 Cod!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Would make for an even MORE epic Top Gun intro!
Flying rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong is actually a pretty good deal. You get to sleep in a good hotel instead of on the boat, you get per diem to spend on good food and drink instead of giving up your BAS (and then some) to eat boat food and not drink. You gotta be careful not to drink the water in some countries, but then sometimes on the boat the drinking water tastes like JP-5 or worse, the boat is on "water hours" and it's drinking water only and no showers...

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Flying rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong is actually a pretty good deal. You get to sleep in a good hotel instead of on the boat, you get per diem to spend on good food and drink instead of giving up your BAS (and then some) to eat boat food and not drink. You gotta be careful not to drink the water in some countries, but then sometimes on the boat the drinking water tastes like JP-5 or worse, the boat is on "water hours" and it's drinking water only and no showers...

You know, I actually would wanna fly for a VR Squadron but it's only for people already in the Navy as an aviator, I don't know if you have more information, but I would like to know more.