• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery, Troisième partie: la vengeance!

Llarry

And we didn't have seat belts in our cars then, either. And wearing a bike helmet? What's a bike helmet?

Llarry

The Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force is credited with 5 EP-3 "ELINT" aircraft and 4 OP-3C "Recce" aircraft. Here's one of the latter with a Growler.OP-3C_JMSDF & EA-18G.jpg

Llarry

As stated above, the JMSDF has both EP-3 and OP-3C versions, here are both in the same photo; EP-3 on the left, OP-3C on the right.

Attachments

• EP-3 (left) & OP-3C (right)_JMSDF_2016.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like, a mishap reason? Or just, it was awkward/scary? I was HCO on my first ship (FFG) and the forward vertrep station stuff was still in the ACSM but we never used it.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Like, a mishap reason? Or just, it was awkward/scary? I was HCO on my first ship (FFG) and the forward vertrep station stuff was still in the ACSM but we never used it.
Mainly because it's incredibly dangerous and there's nowhere to go if something goes wrong. I'm sure there's been at least one mishap but I don't know of any specifically off the top of my head. When I was on the FFG, we still briefed it as a capability/possibility and still painted the forecastle for it (as required by NAVAIR) but we never once did it. We did do a HIFR once for our deployment certification but that wasn't all that bad.

I think, much like HIFR, it just isn't that necessary anymore and the benefits don't outweigh the danger involved.