• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The H-3 called ir an "ice shield" since it prevented large quantities of ice from being injested down the intakes. The H-3 shield looks like a wall in front of the intakes where a squadron would paint it's logo.

So, I would agree it's FOD.

Two photos show the H-3 with and without the shield.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 53

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not My Photo, but... saw two tan bad boys like this landing in a field today. Maneuvered my formation around to take a look, and the Ruskie's took off right towards us... neat stuff to see!

Are you still in the Panhandle? I ask because they may not have been Russian. I haven't seen the American ones with rocket racks, though.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Cool Miramar pics. Looks like the field hasn't changed much, but everything around it has a lot. I liked the pics of the F4D's in a diamond over Atlas (the inital for Rwy 24). Also, apparently ATC keeping guys at 16k until basically abeam the field isn't anything new. Nothing like the space shuttle descent in a division to make the initial/break.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
A more recent Tomcat picture:

irancat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.