• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The whole "Senior CAG/DCAG" thing has gone throughout at least THREE evolutions, all of which occurred during my time:
Iteration ONE: A "Senior CAG (O-6)" coupled with a post-command O-5 who was screened/selected and served as "Deputy". From inception until about 1989-90….as I recall.
Iteration TWO: A "Senior CAG (O-6)" with a "Chief Staff Officer"...normally a non-Command Screened STRONG TACAIR O-5…about 1989/90 until…when?
Iteration THREE: What I believe the "current construct" still is: A "Senior CAG (O-6)" with an equally qualified O-6 "Senior DGAG" who will "fleet up" in the rotation. Assuming he/she doesn't screw the pooch…it HAS happened.

R1, so you know, DESRON has adopted the current CAG/DCAG model. Most DESRONs now have Commodore and Deputy Commodore (Both O-6s), with a fleet up process.

Must be a good model.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yipes! Stripes! Never saw a Weenie with the D Day stripes. How cool. I flew them in '67 with the international orange and white, no cool stripes, however.

A couple of years ago, the Wieners at Oceana had D-Day stripes. Not sure if they still do, but they do add a bit of pizazz.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
refueling.jpg

Refueling Buddies
A U.S. Marine Corps CH-53 Super Stallion from the Heavy Marine Helicopter 464 Detachment A and a U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pave Hawk from the 303rd ExpediRonary Rescue Squadron refuel from a U.S. Air Force MC-130 from the 81st ExpediRonary Rescue Squadron during a familiarizaRon flight, Jan. 29, 2013. The HMH-464 relinquished the Marines’ 10-year personnel recovery mission to the newly formed 303rd EQRS. The squadron will continue to ensure CJTF-HOA provides responsive medical evacuation support and personnel recovery for all U.S. personnel in East Africa.
(U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Jonathan Young)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yipes! Stripes! Never saw a Weenie with the D Day stripes. How cool. I flew them in '67 with the international orange and white, no cool stripes, however.

What's the patch on your flight suit?
The patch on the flight suit below is USS CAVALLA (SSK-244), my last duty station as an ET2 (SS), prior to entering flight training as a NAVCAD in 1956. At that time, if you were a prior you were authorized to wear 1 patch from a previous command on your flight suit, & any earned qual badge/ribbons on your NAVCAD dress uniforms.
Primary Saufley Apeil 1957.jpg

The patches below are 2 different color versions of the flight suit patch.:)
Patch SSK-244-1.jpg Patch SS-244-1.jpg
BzB:cool:

Renegade One

None
The patch on the flight suit below is USS CAVALLA (SSK-244), my last duty station as an ET2 (SS), prior to entering flight training as a NAVCAD in 1956. At that time, if you were a prior you were authorized to wear 1 patch from a previous command on your flight suit, & any earned qual badge/ribbons on your NAVCAD dress uniforms.
BzB:cool:
Very cool...

Renegade One

None
R1, so you know, DESRON has adopted the current CAG/DCAG model. Most DESRONs now have Commodore and Deputy Commodore (Both O-6s), with a fleet up process.

Must be a good model.

-ea6bflyr ;)
May be even better nowadays…what with the "explosive bolts" that seem to come on the Command badges… ;)

jmcquate

Contributor
What is that 1st photo? I read a book, First Light, where they took the Spits on a carrier off of Malta, and put the new, three bladed "airscrews" on them to fight z-Germans.
The Royal Navy put arresting gear on Spits and Hurricanes (and other goodies). Like R1 posted it was renamed the “Seafire”.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They were allowed to grow a pretty bitching beard, too. It's a wonder the allies even won the war!

Status
Not open for further replies.