• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
8181990256_4e1930496c_o.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great pictures there - more interesting in some aspects than pictures of aircraft from that time.
It's interesting to me that, aside from the ever present plotting boards and floppy cloth 'helmets'/goggles of the era (40s)... seems much like the RRs of my era (60-70s). Long live the CV Ready Room, a most interesting and unique "workplace"! The stories those depicted RRs could tell... of the legends who rushed out those doors to man up and do great thing during WWII!:cool:
Midway.png
BzB

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
It's interesting to me that, aside from the ever present plotting boards and floppy cloth 'helmets'/goggles of the era (40s)... seems much like the RRs of my era (60-70s). Long live the CV Ready Room, a most interesting and unique "workplace"! The stories those depicted RRs could tell... of the legends who rushed out those doors to man up and do great thing during WWII!:cool:
View attachment 11652
BzB

Agree! I feel very honored that I had the opportunity to work in a RR - quite an education!

Renegade One

None
They do a lot of briefs with their pilot hats on. Other than that, similar place it seems.
I expect there was much tom-foolery when a war correspondent with a camera was in the spaces. On the other hand, maybe there was always the chance of "Pilots man your planes" over the 1MC...I dunno.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thinking the same thing about 03-94-2L on TR. Bet they didn't have a JBD drain running through it though. :D
Reminds me of th '66 RANGER adventure, when my stateroom was right beneath the #2 catapult. It was disturbing at first but after the first few days/nights, you don't even notice it any more.
About every 1-2 weeks, I would sit at my desk in the SR and make about a 20 min. tape on my reel-to-reel AKAI, to send to Momma & kiddies. Sometime after I came back from the cruise, my 5-yr. old Daughter asked out of the blue, Daddy what is that horrible crashing noise about every minute on some of those tapes you sent us? I told her I don't know what you mean, show me. We replayed it and I was astounded...what a loud CRASHING noise those cat shots made. Took a while to explain cat shots to 2, 3, & 5-yr. olds!:eek:
VFA-146-6.jpg
BzB

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Just wanted to say thanks to E2C Mech...some of those pics from WIX are STUNNING. There are of course, the obligatory form shots etc...but there are some that capture some amazing moments...that hopefully everyone lived through...Sierra Hotel. Thanks again.

Here are a couple of what I mean...you owe it to yourselves to page through...
37-920_zps1480f489.jpg36-915_zpsb13496d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.