• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcquate

Contributor
Yup, this was one of our 'versions' in my first fleet Squadron, the swift & nimble FJ-4 Fury. More fun to fly than any other in my log book, but as an attack aircraft, couldn't hold a candle to my trusty Scooter!
View attachment 11152
*"Enswine" BusyBee flying wing over San Joacquin Valley - circa. 1959
BzB
Always have been amazed at how few designs were share by the Navy and USAF. F-86/FJ-4, AD-1, A-3/B-66, F-4, A-7, not counting rotery wing and transport/training aircraft.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
217899_447087258655540_389452441_n.jpg

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Always have been amazed at how few designs were share by the Navy and USAF. F-86/FJ-4, AD-1, A-3/B-66, F-4, A-7, not counting rotery wing and transport/training aircraft.

The F-86 was a rare situation where the Navy copied an AF a/c & put a tailhook on it. All the others represent programs where the AF was forced to use a Navy aircraft. They would rather do most anything than accept a Navy a/c & design. Except for the F-4 (and small buy of B-66s) they stuck the A-7 & A-1 in the backwaters of the AF (ANG/SOC). Everyone remember about 20 years ago when the AF put F-16s in the old ADC (Air Defense Command) rather than take the F-14 which Congress strongly recommended? The F-16 is a great a/c, but interceptor it ain't.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Dustoff.jpg

07/25/2012
MEDICAL EVACUATION
A UH-60 Black Hawk medical evacuation helicopter lands as U.S. Army paratroopers secure the area in Afghanistan's Ghazni province, July 23, 2012. The soldiers are assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team and the helicopter crew is assigned to the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade. The soldiers evacuated a wounded insurgent. U.S. Army photo by Capt. Thomas Cieslak

Status
Not open for further replies.