• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownshoe

Contributor
Thanks Shoe, can't believe post #1 there, was my first post ever on AW, over 3 years ago! :p
BzB

No problem, glad to help out.

BTW… you owe me a phone call. Not tonight though, I’m heading to my rack soon. I was forced into going next door for happy hour earlier this evening. :D

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here ya go, buddy (just tryin' to help). Now Kow-aka "Spanky, reconjoe and other young members can read the entire thread.

http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...m-a-vietnam-era-a-4-driver.30464/#post-532817

Edit: BTW, fun read. :)
Thanks brownshoe. Great thread. Lots of great stuff. Here is one of many that caught my eye:

....."Chief", I said, "I am not qualified to fly the Phantom. I've never even started one and I am not familiar with the systems." "No problem," retorted the Chief, "I'll go out to the cockpit with you, brief you on the systems, and help you get the engines started. After that, just follow the test itinerary on the card, and it should be no problem!"
"I told the Chief I was going to go to lunch and think about it. (I took along a copy of the F-4 Phantom Pilots Flight Manual to study!)...."
Lots of Naval Aviation history has ridden with that man! BZ, BzB!

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Steve/Hugh ...sorry, been real busy lately. Just aboard again ...I have a CD copy of that narrative ...~ 19 minutes long. Tell me on phone how to post it on forum ...or I can send one of you a copy ...won't take me but a minute to do so. Got Windows XP (Home), Media Player, Roxio, et al.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
web_120704-N-SH953-741.jpg

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
%40benballer%20fireworks%20san%20diego.JPG

They're calling it "The Firework." I was there with my family last night with front row seating on the Broadway Pier because we got there 3 HOURS EARLY. So right after the premature evacuation of fireworks, most people were waiting for the rest of the show to continue. I called the Battle Watch at the Regional Operations Center who called me right back and said that Harbor Police had announced that the fireworks show was over due to a malfunction. Sitting on the very edge of the pier, looking at over 10,000 confused and nervous looking Amurricans, I quietly and insistently packed up the family and we split. Thankfully, we were heading home on the 5 passing the Sea World fireworks before the official "party's over" announcement was made.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...show-exploded-in-15-seconds-ruining-show.html

GroundPounder

%40benballer%20fireworks%20san%20diego.JPG

I guess it's easy to say because I wasn't there and didn't wait in traffic to get there, but it seems kinda cool to me. I've never seen a fireworks display where I didn't think " wonder what that would look like going up all at once. "

I guess that makes me an official red neck and not a sophisticated Californian.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Is that the RAST on the deck and the ugly thing where the cargo hook should be?

Edit: And stupid question, but how does one tell a B from an R?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

The thing on the deck is the RSD and the probe coming from the helo is the RAST probe. It's actually just aft of the cargo hook. You'll generally have both installed while deployed.

The easiest way is to look at the ESM antennas. The R has angles on them and smaller "dealies" on each angle of the face of the array. Also the ALEs are permantly attached. There's other more subtle ways to tell, but those are the easiest.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor

Yep, yep, and the "R's," besides being generally breathtaking, do not have the MAD of the HF wire antenna (it's HF right?) on the right side of the aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.