• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
A couple photos from the web.
random-10_24_12-920-14.jpg

choose-weapon-10_25_12-920-32.jpg

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Why does that F35 look like a deployment bird? Do the panel edges get a layer of sealant being as the bird is made up of composites?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
F-20_flying.jpg

Another sexy version.

It's really a shame the F-5G (F-20) concept came up after the F-16 was already being built. That just ensured that the USAF wouldn't touch it. It would have made a great a/c to sell to our more budget-constrained allies for their fighter requirements.

jmcquate

Contributor
It's really a shame the F-5G (F-20) concept came up after the F-16 was already being built. That just ensured that the USAF wouldn't touch it. It would have made a great a/c to sell to our more budget-constrained allies for their fighter requirements.
That was the plan. When some conflicting Carter era restrictions on technology restrictions on foreign weapon sales was lifted, everyone wanted F-16s.

Pugs

Back from the range
None

But you look for where the F-16 went from two heaters and a gun to a general purpose F/A and I don't think the F-20 would have been near as flexible (please don't take this as any endorsement of the Fort Worth Lawn Dart!)

Phantom309

IMAG0129.jpg
Thought I'd share this here. I'm a lot of us here in life have had losses that make you see how short life can truly be. A lot of you may have come to Tyndall for WSEP/Combat Archer and shot at a drone. We had a technician that retired in January (in good health) and had a freak stroke/heart attack in Sept, and unfortunately pass away last weekend. So as a tribute we did this for him and just thought I'd share to give you something to look for if you ever shoot this drone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.