• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
View attachment 13321

An A-6E Intruder of Attack Squadron (VA) 52 on final approach for recovery on the snow-covered flight deck of the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson (CVN 70) operating in the Bering Sea on January 21, 1987, twenty-seven years ago today.
I'm not an LSO, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but he looks a little low and sideways to me

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can imagine him fumbling for it and getting it wrong, then the AFSOC guys getting back in the helo and taking off and leaving him behind.

jmcquate

Contributor
I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can imagine him fumbling for it and getting it wrong, then the AFSOC guys getting back in the helo and taking off and leaving him behind.
Meh.........as long as you can remember your nickname in high school/college or an embarrassing detail to a drunken night of debauchery, they'll give you a ride

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Meh.........as long as you can remember your nickname in high school/college or an embarrassing detail to a drunken night of debauchery, they'll give you a ride

Not before they zip tie you and shove your ass to the ground, but you'll get home alright.

A7Dave

pilot
Hey, Kodak!

What kind of camera and lens combo are you shooting all those great pics with? Very nice!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
"Which survivor card is it? I have 10 of them in my shoulder pocket......"

BTW, and I know I am replying to my own post.......this is potentially one of the coolest historical pics I have seen in a long time. Good on whoever shot it for the moment captured in history.

Sheepdip

Contributor
BTW, and I know I am replying to my own post.......this is potentially one of the coolest historical pics I have seen in a long time. Good on whoever shot it for the moment captured in history.

It was one of the MH pilots iirc. The RIO...unpictured...was tortured for 40 some days...retired as O6 in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.