• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownshoe

Contributor
USS MIDWAY Museum "Meet The Aviators" open house over Memorial Day weekend in San Diego. A large group of former MIDWAY Pilots/Crewmen volunteered to stand by their 'type' display aircraft & explain their mission/answer questions. A few photos from the successful event.BzB:cool:

BzB, those are some fantastic photos! Thanks for posting them.

John (The Chief) and I are getting together for lunch again next week, wish you could join us two old farts. Oh... Ron called me tonight… he’s another old fart.:D

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BzB, know who was standing in for the Hawkeye? :)
I saw the E-2 spotted across the landing area just forward of the island. Didn't get over there as we had only 1 COD Crew to present the ship's C-1A. Did hit the Skyhawk on the way off, a quick visit with "T.R." Swartz, the legendary A-4 Zuni-shootin' MIG Killer. Kids were swarming the Skyhawk, like ants on their hill!;)
'T.R.' & Skyhawk Exhibit.JPG

"T. R." Swartz's A-4C
swartza4.jpg
BzB:)

BleedGreen

pilot
the-hover-barge.jpg

This picture threw me off at first but Columbia says it's legit. I guess helicopters are good for towing too. who woulda thought...

The article here explains the story behind the photo.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I guess it makes sense since 53s pull the mine sleds, but it's still a crazy picture.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
For those in the know, do the NASA -38's (or 38's in general) have radar? That looks like a nose cone with a (tiny) radar behind it, but I could be mistaken.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just like the F-5s in KNQX, if they have a radar, more than likely it doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.