• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The End of an Era - Interesting New Blog

www.thelasttopgun.blogspot.com

Check out this new blog that I found. The author has a book coming out and talks about life in the navy as an F-14 fighter pilot before women were allowed to fly. It's interesting and I'd love to hear what you all have to say about it. As for me, I'm still on the fence but am fascinated by that time of absolute brotherhood.

P3 F0

None
I may take a look at the book when it comes out, but I'm not too impressed with the blog so far. He writes well, but doesn't seem to have any perspectives/stances on anything (hopefully he does in the book). Having btdt, I'd be interested to hear his opinions.

Renegade One

None
Check out this new blog that I found. The author has a book coming out and talks about life in the navy as an F-14 fighter pilot before women were allowed to fly. It's interesting and I'd love to hear what you all have to say about it. ...
Haven't read it, but I can imagine what it might say. Suffice it to say that it's probably (from your description) a story about a time [in Naval Aviation] that no longer exists. Nor should it. Times change…and it was one rocky road to get from then to now.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Old news. I won't read the book since I lived it. Been there. Watched it happen. It was sometimes a painful transition for all involved, but as R-1 says, times change.