• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The DEBATE: Round 2

WHO "WON"???

• John Sidney McCain III

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • There is no DRAW ... make a choice for God's sake!!

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster

thank god for that chief thats asking questions and not bumbling around like the rest of those clowns

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Obama's pronounciation of Iran and Pakistan just ring of "look at me I'm special" syndrome. I don't go pronouncing France "La France" or China "ZhongGuo" when I'm speaking English, so why do so for other countries?

English, MOFO, do you speak it?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Who did Sen. McCain have to pay off to get a Chief in the audience??!! He looked like a kid in a candy store, his eyes lit up! Gotta love the Goat-Locker...:D

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
McCain and Obama pronounced Iran and Pakistan the same way...

A random sample running back through in tivo shows Obama giving the E-ran and Paaahkistan, and Brokaw and McCain using the more standard U.S. pronunciations.

It annoyed the shit out of me and a quick google search indicates that's more accurate with the native pronunciation, for whatever that's worth.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Obama's pronounciation of Iran and Pakistan just ring of "look at me I'm special" syndrome. I don't go pronouncing France "La France" or China "ZhongGuo" when I'm speaking English, so why do so for other countries?

English, MOFO, do you speak it?

The difference between the English and several other Romance languages is that in American English we tend to use hard a's whereas most other dialects of English and Romance languages tend to default towards soft a's, i.e. Paukistan as opposed to Packistan. I say it the same way, because that's how it's supposed to be said.

It's "E-rawn" and "Pauckistan."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
McCain made a statement to the effect that the government will by bad home loans and give new mortgages to people at the current value of the persons home. I've been a conservative republican my entire life but if I heard this correctly he's lost my vote.

This would be my biggest negative for Sen. McCaiin in this debate...I would like to see the numbers, and what the gain would be over time (if they are just buying straight capital and planning to make back the difference in interest, or if we just eat that amount...) other than that I liked what he said...

Status
Not open for further replies.