• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THE DEBATE, round 1

THE DEBATE: Round 1 ... WHO "WON" .. ???

• SENATOR McCAIN

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • SENATOR OBAMA

Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kinda like the Friday Night Fights in the ol' days ... round 1 for the two guys that want to be your next Boss begins in @ 8 minutes ... if you are home tonight ..... you might wanna watch. :)

gillette_boxing_240x230_041905.jpg

badger16

None
The Eisenhower story of accountability was really interesting. I had never heard about the letters before. I got my six pack and am watching while I flip through my contacts FTI. What a Friday!;)

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I could really only stand watching for about 30 minutes, but there were some pretty funny quotes in that time. I really can't fault either candidate for being human and perhaps getting a little tounge tied when being forced from their scripted responses, but McCain said some really funny things (I wish I could remember some of the dumb things Obama said too).

McCain on how to address the current economic crisis:
"I would address the issue by putting a freeze on all government spending except defense, veteren benefits, and (I can't remember the 3rd thing)."

McCain on healthcare:
"Healthcare decisions should be between families and their deceas.. I mean doctors."

McCain on Obama's bipartisain...ism:
"It's hard to reach across the isle from that far to the left."

I'm human too and doing this from memory, so I may have misplaced/reordered a word or two by mistake. :p

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... McCain had him rattled several times thus far IMHO.
I don't know about that ... but Senator "O" is drinking H2O to quench his throat and stuttering occasionally ... now where in the HELL IS THAT TELEPROMPTER WHEN YOU NEED ONE, ANYWAY ... ??? :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I particularly noticed how Senator Obama stuttered and seemed to forget the name of the bracelet that he supposedly has.

Both have had mis-speaks, but I would think Senator McCain has a slight edge. He seems to be more on the attack than Senator Obama, who seems to be on his heels.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
"Im not going to set the White House visitor list, I dont even have a seal yet."

Zing! Point McCain!

The offending seal:
obama-seal.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VP Gore's split screen eye-rolls and smirks did not serve him well in the 2000 debates .... I guess the junior Senator from Illinois' handlers didn't advise him of this ... ??? :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So who "won" in your collective estimation ... ???

Straw poll being added at the top of the thread ...

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
Mccain succesfully steered talk on the economy to talk of cutting spending, his turf. He successfully steered foreign policy talk to a discussion of experience, Obama weakness. I have to give the nod to Mccain.

Amall

McCain schooled him.

I know energy plays into foreign policy but, he kept falling back alternative energy and health care, as if that would fix all our problems globally. His ideas don't sound so great without the bells and whistles of a political rally.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
McCain wrapped this one up. Hearing how great of an orator Sen Obama is, I was expecting him to come into these debates with an edge. Sen McCain put him on the ropes early by keeping talk focused on his strengths, and knocked him out in the end with his views on Georgia, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wearing a bracelet that you have to check when talking about the individual it memorializes might not be the best way to honor his memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.