• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Blue Angels Are Buzzing My House

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
I'm just spending another lazy day in Kingsville awaiting orders, and I started to notice repeated jet noise right over my house. The normal pattern doesn't extend out over the town of Kingsville, so I took a peek outside. To my amazement, I got a personalized low pass in diamond formation by the Blues.

There's an airshow this weekend and they are out scouting the area and practicing I imagine. It's pretty sweet, because I can sit out on my porch and get a pretty nice show.

Just thought I'd share!

PS: I made a few noise complaint calls to Base Ops for the heck of it :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
handjive said:

You should be shot. :icon_tong

TheFurr7198

yeah last year when they were in Wilmington, they would make turns over my house, I was on my roof and could see inside the cockpit of all 4 pilots

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
handjive said:
I'm just spending another lazy day in Kingsville awaiting orders, and I started to notice repeated jet noise right over my house. The normal pattern doesn't extend out over the town of Kingsville, so I took a peek outside. To my amazement, I got a personalized low pass in diamond formation by the Blues.

There's an airshow this weekend and they are out scouting the area and practicing I imagine. It's pretty sweet, because I can sit out on my porch and get a pretty nice show.

Just thought I'd share!

They buzz my house all the time... wait... so does almost everything taking off or landing at Sherman... *eep. Well, thats what I get for living under the pattern.. :D

I rather like jet noise... unless I'm trying to sleep...

KimberlyD

Want to trade? I can't make phone calls or answer calls at the office around 0830 now... We recently moved here, the first time it happened the Office Director walked up behind me & said "The Blues are back"!

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Movie from the show

I went with the family on Friday for the "base personnel" show, and then enjoyed the next two performances from the comfort of my own porch. Here's a video to show an example of my cheap seats.

Link

BlueBuzz.jpg

How do you like that expeditious join-up?

I really do love the sound of freedom.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
(slightly offtopic rant)

I remember as a kid when the Blue Angels used to come to Pax River for the airshow. They'd practice on Thursday/Friday... and my b!tch teachers would shut the blinds to keep us from looking at the planes.

8+ years later and that still pisses me off.:eek:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
handjive said:
I went with the family on Friday for the "base personnel" show, and then enjoyed the next two performances from the comfort of my own porch. Here's a video to show an example of my cheap seats.

How do you like that expeditious join-up?

I really do love the sound of freedom.

Linky no worky.

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
You're describing what happens above my house every single day :) Air traffic is heavy enough that I can tell what kind of airplane is going over just by the sound of the engine. Jet noise is cool unless you have the morning off and are trying to sleep in :)

nublett

Been there, done that.
Why make noise complaints? You knew you were moving near an airstrip! When people complain about the noise flight restrictions begin! Wouldn't you rather pilots get the maximum amount of training and practice possible? Yeah, it's noisy for a few minutes; next time live further out.

nublett

Been there, done that.
Penn, you are very clever!

In this instance- blunt, yes, but do disrespect intended.

Oh, and your teacher should have let you watch the jets. You didn't complain about the noise did you?

JayManC

just be thankful that the A-6 isn't still in service; i remember living in Virginia Beach, hearing them go by. Yeah living in P-cola, you could definitely tell what a/c it was by the sound of the engine.