• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The "Big E" Tradition Will Live On!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
RIVER CITY is when they turn off all the external comms of the ship. This usually occurs at the same time when you're desperartely trying to coordinate getting a critical part to you or getting one of your people on or off the ship for important reasons.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I think it should have the little bridle-catchers on the bow, as an homage to the elder E.

Also, it kinda looks like cow catchers for the ship.

exNavyOffRec

RIVER CITY is when they turn off all the external comms of the ship. This usually occurs at the same time when you're desperartely trying to coordinate getting a critical part to you or getting one of your people on or off the ship for important reasons.

or if a personnel issue has occured and they don't want the family to find out via someone emailing another back home.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
or if a personnel issue has occured and they don't want the family to find out via someone emailing another back home.

There's certainly lots of operational reasons to do it, but it always seems to happen at the same time as what I listed. Then again, most of my time is on a frigate, which is at RC half the time anyway because they're broken.

exNavyOffRec

There's certainly lots of operational reasons to do it, but it always seems to happen at the same time as what I listed. Then again, most of my time is on a frigate, which is at RC half the time anyway because they're broken.

My experience is from a carrier, and unfortunately often it was for something bad, I would much rather have been at RC for your reasons.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My experience is from a carrier, and unfortunately often it was for something bad, I would much rather have been at RC for your reasons.

I was thinking about this after your post... I think I've only been on a ship that went to RC due to a bad thing once, at least that I can remember. It was a FC1 that damn near had his legs chopped off by the forward missile mount turning while he decided to stand up through the hatch. There might have been a bit of blood on the fo'c'sle.

Otherwise, it was to prevent people from running their mouths to the wife during some very successful operations or during drills during workups (usually when said part was desperately needed). Certainly a more desirable reason to be at RC

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Good choice...although it's going to create havoc with the set designers for any future "Star Trek" movies....one more in the long lineage to "represent" on the Quarterdeck or the Captain's Cabin, or wherever...

Oh, and the CNAF website showed a CG representation with the bow numbers painted on upside down. Just saying.

No problem. If JJ Abrams directs any future Star Trek movies, the ridiculous lens flare will cover up those details.