• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The "Big E" Tradition Will Live On!

MasterBates

Far superior to another political name. I could also support a USS NEIL ARMSTRONG, but perhaps an exploration or research vessel may be a better choice there.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Renegade One

None
Good choice...although it's going to create havoc with the set designers for any future "Star Trek" movies....one more in the long lineage to "represent" on the Quarterdeck or the Captain's Cabin, or wherever...

Oh, and the CNAF website showed a CG representation with the bow numbers painted on upside down. Just saying.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Far superior to another political name. I could also support a USS NEIL ARMSTRONG, but perhaps an exploration or research vessel may be a better choice there.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

The SCHIRRA is an AOELMNOP or whatever they're called now. She UNREPed us a bunch on my last Eastern Pacific Excursion.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good choice...although it's going to create havoc with the set designers for any future "Star Trek" movies....one more in the long lineage to "represent" on the Quarterdeck or the Captain's Cabin, or wherever...

Oh, and the CNAF website showed a CG representation with the bow numbers painted on upside down. Just saying.
JJ Abrams can go fuck himself. :D

I, for one, am happy to see a return to a more traditional ship naming convention.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Was glad to see the news that the name will live on - as it should!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a fresh-caught VF-1 hinge, I once accidentally took 'command' of the Big E, had her turn into the wind in the middle of the night while the Captain was sleeping, and damn near launched her alert aircraft.

(I posted the story here long ago. I'll see if I can find and link to it.)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Sure……Vulcans, Asians, Russians, African Americans, Scottish, and the guys in the red that get killed first.

On a serious note, this is a good thing.
Your inner nerd is showing, oh and the transporter is down along with the food replicators. ;) Everything is due on Tuesday!

Renegade One

None
I hope this one comes with a fully functional (and individually-tailorable) "Holo-Deck". Screw liberty if they could make that work...;)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I hope this one comes with a fully functional (and individually-tailorable) "Holo-Deck". Screw liberty if they could make that work...;)
I'm sure if it did, it would be shortly followed by a mod to GO #1 to specify restrictions of its use...