• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The basics of API

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
While there was the World Wide Web went I went through, it was in its infancy.

giphy.gif

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
No. I checked in in early September and didn't take it for 6 weeks. You have to do your NAMI visit first. People who've arrived more recently have had a quicker turnaround but it's probably a safe bet to say you'll have 2 weeks at the very least.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
No. I checked in in early September and didn't take it for 6 weeks. You have to do your NAMI visit first. People who've arrived more recently have had a quicker turnaround but it's probably a safe bet to say you'll have 2 weeks at the very least.
Cool. Looked through the API welcome guide in class because I was bored and saw the last time it was updated was June of 2014. Just wasnt sure if the info on it was still 100% valid or not.

tide7

E-2 FRS
None
Looks like you haven't been to OCS yet so things could definitely change by the time you get here, but just don't get fat after you commission and you'll be fine. OCS will absolutely get you in shape for it (if you're not already)

Meyerkord

pilot
Looks like you haven't been to OCS yet so things could definitely change by the time you get here, but just don't get fat after you commission and you'll be fine. OCS will absolutely get you in shape for it (if you're not already)
They still doing the PRT within the first week of check in?
They'll tell you specifically at OCS not to get fat on OHARP, but there's always someone who does and fails the APIT. To get a pink sheet before starting IFS is already setting yourself up for failure. Don't do it. It really doesn't take that much work to maintain a Good-Low over a few months.

Also, as a data point, I ran the APIT about a month after I checked in, once I had my NAMI upchit.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
They'll tell you specifically at OCS not to get fat on OHARP, but there's always someone who does and fails the APIT. To get a pink sheet before starting IFS is already setting yourself up for failure. Don't do it. It really doesn't take that much work to maintain a Good-Low over a few months.

Also, as a data point, I ran the APIT about a month after I checked in, once I had my NAMI upchit.

Any more good advice for API? The last post prior to mine was a year old. I understand that the program has remained roughly unchanged for forever, but up to date gouge is always welcome.

Meyerkord

pilot
Any more good advice for API? The last post prior to mine was a year old. I understand that the program has remained roughly unchanged for forever, but up to date gouge is always welcome.
I'm still in A-pool currently. Starting IFS withing the next couple weeks, but I'll keep you posted whenever I start.