• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The basics of API

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
People fresh from OCS tend to have a different idea of what consitutes a regulation haircut.

I will say (having been in ROTC and OCS) that the OCS guys tend to come in more in shape, squared away with respect to uniforms , and just overall demeanor than their colleagues from the other commissioning sources.
If people want to be honest they will generally agree....of course there are outliers in all examples. I think it is because we are still drones from the previous 12 weeks of suck.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I will say (having been in ROTC and OCS) that the OCS guys tend to come in more in shape, squared away with respect to uniforms , and just overall demeanor than their colleagues from the other commissioning sources.
If people want to be honest they will generally agree....of course their are outliers in all examples. I think it is because we are still drones from the previous 12 weeks of suck.

I agree. But post-OCS, I definitely let myself go...and now I feel like I'm on the Lindsay Lohan plan for fat-loss success.

Pags

N/A
pilot
If people want to be honest they will generally agree....of course their are outliers in all examples. I think it is because we are still drones from the previous 12 weeks of suck.

I would hope so. OCS guys just came from 12 weeks of running, pushups, marching, rifle drill and uniform inspections. OCS guys are also still scared that the mean ole gunny is going to yell at them and fight the urge to salute squirrels. USNA and NROTC guys just came from 6mo of stash time at their college.

In 2-3yrs you (OCS guys) will all be fat, lazy, nasty slobs like the rest of us.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
View attachment 11228
Hahaha. This has been up in Stucon for weeks.

Who the fuck had an earring. I mean... REALLY?

As my DI used to say..... bunch of college educated dumbfucks!

It's weird, almost like some people don't like to be corrected by other Ensigns...

Better another ENS than a LT+ who has an effect on your future in Naval Air..... especially when said ENS is RIGHT. Shirt stay stirrups in the socks? I agree, and I am a stickler for the small thing but.... you can probably let that one go. I'm surprised if USNA/ROTC guys even WEAR shirt stays. I'd be more concerned about giving dudes shit for wearing black shoes.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Who the fuck had an earring. I mean... REALLY?

Could have been a chick. Last I checked, this ain't allowed in uniform either:
kristin-bell-headband.jpg

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
There are some pretty bad ones in A-Pool, along with Khakis that look awful. I just don't get it. Is it ignorance or just laziness? I'll try and point out things to fellow ENS, but when I tell a guy not to wear his shirt stay stirrups outside of his socks, and he does it anyway, I'm kinda done with him.

Take a look around next muster, I'd be surprised if even half of A-pool wears them, it looks like some Ensigns are wearing pillowcases.

NavyAv8

i got called to class up for api this week so i start in two days. by the way, the new average needed to get into primary is a nss of 43 which requires an average of 93 or so on each exam. the prt and pt is 10% the other exams are worth: 13% (weather), 24% (nav), 15% and 15/16% (aero 1 and 2), 15% (eng), and 7% (frr).

stickygdm

pilot
I'm glad I got a chance to stop by today and talk to some of you in person.
Remember:
1. How long have you been waiting for this?
2. This is your dream.
3. You won't get what you want, but you'll love what you get.
4. Everything is a test--you have to work hard and earn your Wings of Gold.
Good luck and I'll see some of you in the Fleet.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I'm glad I got a chance to stop by today and talk to some of you in person.
Remember:
1. How long have you been waiting for this?
2. This is your dream.
3. You won't get what you want, but you'll love what you get.
4. Everything is a test--you have to work hard and earn your Wings of Gold.
Good luck and I'll see some of you in the Fleet.

Words of Wisdom! Everything in life is a test!

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Ohh WOW! Hehehehe I did committed an atrocity there, spelling Windom, and not Wisdom... Must have been thinking Windows (MS) at the moment.... There you have it, I failed the attention to detail test posting here today....

And yeah I barely seat on the couch and watch TV....