• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Adventures of Youthly Puresome

Renegade One

None
Courtesy of one of our own (OldRO):
"For those Naval Aviation friends that were readers of The Hook magazine in the 90s and 'naughties, you remember the "Youthly Puresome" series of light-hearted (mostly) articles by Jack Woodul, former active duty Navy A-4 driver, Reserve F-8 pilot and airline pilot for "Grits Airways." Last weekend I had a link to a piece about Memorial Day entitled "Keeper of the Flame." I usually link to the article on the Tailhook website around Memorial Day, but this year it was MIA due to a redesign of their site. Since I have all the original files and art, I reconstructed it and posted it on my website, oldro.com.
During the week I did a few of the early Youthly's and put them in a segment of that website. After a few e-mails back and forth with Jack during the week, we decided to launchwww.youthlypuresome.com It's still under construction (as are all "living" websites), but you're welcome to visit and read the 20-ish Youthly's from the '90s that are posted there (with proper attribution to The Hook magazine). I hope to have the complete Hook collection posted sometime this week and some unpublished works as time goes on."
Here's the linkie…but you have to hit the "Chapter Tabs" at the top of the homepage to get to the posted segments:
http://youthlypuresome.com/

SlickAg

pilot
I actually tracked down YP's contact info via the Tailhook Association a few months back so I could send him an e-mail. I read all of the stories available on the TH website; I feel like there's some that are 'new to the internet' on this new site.

Being a NA history buff, I really enjoy first person stories like this; I wish he would compile and publish them so I could add that book to my collection.

My only complaints about the Further Adventures of Youthly Puresome are: 1) there's not enough of them and 2) they solidify my belief that I got into this business about 40 years too late.