• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

That freakin' bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalebite

Can someone explain? What is so bad about this bridge? Is it just a symbol of the hardships? Is it that you see it all the time? Are you 'mashed' here? Is it some espically hard part of OCS? Is it on the way to pt? How long is the bridge, is it across a brook, or across the Potomac or something else?

TANGO 1

Contributor
The bridge is nothing but a sign of pain on and back from chow. It is over a railroad track. It is steel, pink in color and about 110m long with two sprial ramps on both ends. You are not allowed to run but only walk briskly. The thing about this bridge is that you are always playing ketchup no matter how close to the other platoon you might think you are. All rifles are held in port-arms. The last platoon definitely hates the walk because they have to run to catch up with the whole company.

Words cannot explain torture. It was fun being the duty platoon.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Wtf

rsilvy said:
... crossing that bridge was awesome after a while.

Did you smoke crack on liberty or is the chow hall serving "Red Balls" now?

Haze yourself for that comment!

TANGO 1

Contributor
I taught i was the only one that heard about the building of a new chow-hall. I always thought i was the only one that complained about the bridge. Infact there are a whole lot of people that just did not like the whole idea. Well a couple times the platoon staff route-stepped the company over the tracks. That was cool because you were at the chow-hall in no time.
If for nothing else, i think they will just keep that bridge there just to torture candidates. It is kind of like what people were saying about Parris Island. Some people say sand-flees are raised in colonies just to mess with recruits.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
JetJunkie said:
Is this the bridge in question?

tn_040530-M-0310-0041.jpg

tn_040530-M-0310-0031.jpg

tn_040530-M-0310-0021.jpg

YES SIR!! That's the bridge.

msuplaya8

ever been on that MF'in thing when a train rolls under it blowing smoke all on you and whoever else is directly above it. it is not cool. not cool at all.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Crowbar said:
The only good thing about the bridge was knowing that there was good food on the other side.
By the way, the CO told us there are plans for a new chow hall actually on Brown Field. But I also doubt that it is to make life easier for the candidates.
Damn you just opened up an old memory of that chow hall! Reading that I began to hear the OCS harass the candidates after pick up! :eek: All the shouting! I can still see my Sgt. Inst. SSgt Williams harassing my fellow candidate Mianna Sneed (pseudonym) for repeatedly calling him, "Drill Sergeant!" :eek: :eek:

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
msuplaya8 said:
ever been on that MF'in thing when a train rolls under it blowing smoke all on you and whoever else is directly above it. it is not cool. not cool at all.

What's worse is having one of the instructors walk over it with you while a train is going under. He picks out a random candidate close by and plays the freedom train game... "Oh, so candidate X wants to look down at the freedom train, huh? That's good to go. I can get you on that freedom train real fast."

It becomes funny after a while though.

TANGO 1

Contributor
The bridge was a daily right of passage. Yeap, after the last liberty, we started counting how many more times we had to get on it.
When they ask you how many humps we had at OCS? well it would be a diffcult question to answer, because i think that was a hump ( a super one too). Moving at about 6mph, yet we were just stepping it out.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
haha, craig0330..you wipe out too? at 0520 there's a nice thin film of ice over that thing...and that was in the Fall..I feel sorry for all those guys going in January..Oh wait..no I don't. :)

Raptor2216

s$%t, am I ever glad that I finished during the summer months! There is nothing I hate more than the cold and I can only imagine what it must be like going through the damn quigley or e-course in jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.