• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks heyjoe (The HJ Fan Club)

PJ81

FS SNA
I just wanted to start a thread to recognize heyjoe's contribution to this site. I met my recruiter over two years ago, and leave for OCS tomorrow. The one thread that contributed most to keeping me on track over that time was The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery, and heyjoe's posts were a big motivating factor when I got discouraged. So thanks heyjoe, and thank you to all the servicemen/women in the photos and behind the cameras for providing such amazing motivation for those of us striving to get where you are at.

m26

Contributor
Agreed. And thanks for throwing us potential SWO-types a bone! :)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Beer and cigars make wonderful tokens of appreciation...technique only.:D

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
The one thread that contributed most to keeping me on track over that time was The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery, and heyjoe's posts were a big motivating factor when I got discouraged. striving to get where you are at.

that and SFB's on re-peat, but definitely my favorite thread and were I spend a majority of my time lurking. Thanks Joe!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
PJ81,

Congrats and good luck. We'll see you out in the fleet. Work hard, party harder. Lookin' forward to seeing some of your pics up there.

-Bubba

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Well, its 10am on the east coast and im sure his fun has begun. Good Luck.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PJ81, congrats and good luck at OCS. One of many hurdles that you will be tested with throughout your military career.

Many thanks to HJ and all his efforts on this website. From sage advice to your webmaster, mentoring via PM quite a few of you, and the sheer amount of spare time he invests in this website UNPAID! to help the next generation of Naval Aviators (and occassional SWO :)...

HJ, thanks again for all you do here, probably haven't said it lately, next time we meet up (hopefully in Kailua again!) first round is on me.

John

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
If I may get in on this slobberfest as well...
HJ is a terrific dude. Great great contact to have in life. And he drives a sweet Porsche 911.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I too would like to get some thanks directed to HJ. It was because of The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery that I picked up my camera and started taking photos again. I just hope that one day I'll be as good of photographer as he is. Till then I will keep clicking off photos.

On a side note HJ has also passed out some great history, I feel like I have an opportunity to learn something new with every post of his.

Perhaps one day our paths will cross and I can buy him a few beers.

Rich

RussBow6

i'll toast to that as well.

hj pm'd me after my very first post on this site offering encouragement and has been with me every step of the way ever since... even talked to me on the phone a couple times.

definitely looking forward to having my shot at making him proud.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i'll toast to that as well.

hj pm'd me after my very first post on this site offering encouragement and has been with me every step of the way ever since... even talked to me on the phone a couple times.

definitely looking forward to having my shot at making him proud.

So far so good in that regard!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shucks guys, I do what I can (each according to his or her gifts). I get a lot in return from the sense of humor that comes from this virtual Ready Room and staying in touch with so many communities that actually helps me in the day job. More importantly, I was helped along the way by a few aviators wearing the Wings of Gold that I aspired to earn so to me, it's my turn to return the favor. For those starting whom I have helped, you'll get your chance some day. Oh yeah, then there's the thrill and challenge of a good poser chase that comes up now and then....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm really glad the parenthetical part of the title was second, as my mind started to wander with "The HJ fan club" by itself.

As for HeyJoe, I've spoken with him via PM many times, as I've obviously needed a lot of cranial-rectal inversion counseling. And the picture thread is very motivational.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
He is definitely a big part of the community we have here. He's done a lot and helped me out. And he's even shown me how small this community can be, he flew with guys that I grew up around/flew with my old man. (Hopefully that doesn't make you feel too old HJ!)

So yeah, a thanks in absolutely in order.