• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THANKS EVERYBODY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Just wanted to say thank you for all of the info I recieved from everybody on this site! I took my marines ASTB test yesterday and got my grades this morning. I scored 8/9 (I'm assuming that's decent). Just saying thank you and now I need to figure out the next step from here...physical fitness test and PRK.
propeller_125.gif

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

jdshlsesq

Originally posted by wildflyin69
Just wanted to say thank you for all of the info I recieved from everybody on this site! I took my marines ASTB test yesterday and got my grades this morning. I scored 8/9 (I'm assuming that's decent). Just saying thank you and now I need to figure out the next step from here...physical fitness test and PRK.
propeller_125.gif

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."
I am about to take my Marine ASTB as well. I have studied the marine Guide found on this website and have also downloaded the ARCO study guide for the spatial apperception part of the test. Did u find the test difficult, is the math part of it really hard? Just curious cuz I want to pass it on the first try so that I can make the April selection board. Congrats on your scores, 8/9 is really good (hope I can get that high, hehehe!!) Semper Fi!
J. David Smith, Jr.

wildflyin69

yeah, the marine guide definately helped. There are questions that are pretty much the same as the prep test (just different numbers). The math part was hard for me, math not being my strength. I just kept myself thinking that everything in the math section was easier than it looked. They're just trying to see how fast you recognize things I think. I didn't get to finish the last 3 questions in time but that's because I had accidendtally skipped a spot on my answer sheet and had to do a furious erasing manuever..lol. The spacial apperception took me a sec to get used to with those angles but it wasn't bad. Good luck on your test! I'm not going to apply until January, I need to boost my GPA..lol.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Wildflyin69, are you going to beed PRK? Just curious as to how you are going to submit your package with a great ASTB score, a PFT score, but with no PRK surgery? I'm going to need to get this procedure too. What had your OSO told you about PRK and the likelyhood of getting a waiver and getting accepted? THanks and good luck.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

mimisoko9

wildflyin -

curious, what test form did you take, 1 or 2?

mimi

By the way, if you're still in Brooklyn, I'm just across the river in Hoboken and work in the city.

wildflyin69

Originally posted by EA-6B1
Wildflyin69, are you going to beed PRK? Just curious as to how you are going to submit your package with a great ASTB score, a PFT score, but with no PRK surgery? I'm going to need to get this procedure too. What had your OSO told you about PRK and the likelyhood of getting a waiver and getting accepted? THanks and good luck.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

My recruiter just told me to get PRK as soon as possible. I can't send the package until then. I have to wait 6 months after getting PRK until I can get a waiver and even then they only send so many applicants a year with PRK. So I'm just hoping my scores will help give me an edge in the selection.

wildflyin69

Originally posted by mimisoko9
wildflyin -

curious, what test form did you take, 1 or 2?

mimi

By the way, if you're still in Brooklyn, I'm just across the river in Hoboken and work in the city.

I took form 2. As for Brooklyn, I'm actually going to school in frigid Buffalo right now. I have three more classes after this semester until I graduate
bouncy_125.gif
. But I go back to Brooklyn often (can't take Buffalo, it's so dead up here).

mimisoko9

wildflyin-
Well, things are pretty lively here. I couldn't cross Madison Ave the other day because 100 nat'l guardmen were marching uptown in formation. Guys armed with semi-automatics are all over the subways too.

Ah, home sweet home...

Status
Not open for further replies.