• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks AW

RunninUte

Ute Nation
Enjoy A-pool, enjoy life down there! Don't be that guy that has his book outlined cover to cover before he even classes up. Oh and buy brown shoes (sorry had to do it)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
^haha

I thought about changing my name, but I couldn't think of what to change it to. Ensspyguy would be deceiving to some, and I would have to change it in another two years anyways. Plus I don't want to be one of those schizophrenic guys around the board, mefesto?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Thanks for the good words gents....I'm sure I'll see many of you down there, or elsewhere. Worry not, I've been wearing the browns since Monday morning. Amazing what a difference such a small change makes w/ the khakis. Definitely excited for flight school to begin, but right now I'm just pumped to hit the road and see the sights along the way. Best job in the world....all I have to say for now! :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
well, got the first 1000 miles or so under our belts by this evening....its been pretty great so far. Vegas was a little over the top (at least w/ O-1 pay)....the Edwards BOQ (or Air Force Inn) was definitely way nicer than any Navy Q that I've stayed at, and we ended up w/ a ginormous 2 bedroom suite. Unfortunately Dryden isn't open on Sat, so we missed seeing that. Anyhow, to all the soon-to-be ENS planning on making this trip, save your gas $$$.

Just out of curiousity, what re-imbursement am I entitled to recieve for this trip? I know I should get per diem, and theoretically .20 c per mile, but I'm not so sure I even get that. I have talked to several friends who never saw a dime for this trip, other than the per diem. Whats the deal with that? I think I heard DLA is NA for new accessions, but beyond that I have not been able to find anything in writing that outlines the other items.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
You're already ahead of the ball game. I don't think I even thought of that stuff until the clerk at PSD walked me through the travel claim.

You do get some mileage money, et al. I don't know what it is, but they pulled out a matrix and figured the mileage from State U to P'Cola for me and gave me the cents per mile to do the rest.

Welcome and see you on the flight line ;) You'll recognize me, I'm the one that all the whiny ass Ensigns say make them cry and demean them. Oddly enough, the Marine SNAs think the opposite and are my biggest fans?!? :confused:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Better to be demeaned by an IP, than a dead smoking hole in the ground, right? Anyway, thanks for the confirmation....hopefully all the horror stories about PSD are a thing of the (recent) past.

Oh yeah, yelp.com coupled handheld GPS rocks for the x-country....eating and figuring where the hell you are sleeping at

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Which is further confounded by the fact that you are in the USAF!

Honestly, walking around Luke AFB tonight down by the flight line, I had a moment where I thought to myself that AF wouldn't be that bad....nice warm breeze, tangerine trees, F-16's, roving base police....wait.....

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Which is further confounded by the fact that you are in the USAF!

I'm solely an experimental CNATRA initiative to keep SNAs feeling miserable even after they've left their interservice appreciation sentence at Vancecatraz.

They're fat dumb and happy to be back flying under 3710, and they walk around the corner to the ready room and "BAM!" there's an AF IP sporting an ACC patch bringing back all sorts of bad stand up memories...:D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats!! Now the real journey begins! Or is it Full Speed Ahead...no wait, it's Accelerate your life.

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

I know I should get per diem, and theoretically .20 c per mile, but I'm not so sure I even get that.
I'm pretty sure they upped the mileage rate. My company just informed us that the Federal Travel Regulations have been updated, and the new rate is 50.5 cents/mile.

MasterBates

It think when I read the JFTR military rates for MALT are less than what contractors get.

I think it used to be contractor/civ 35c/m and Mil was 19c/mile.

I know I got around that coming to Corpus from JAX. That don't even cover fuel.